Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default I hope PSO2 doesn't have the synthing BS.

I am kinda worried about pso2 having the synthing BS from psu in it, now I did like having the lolibot to take into a party but yeah, it sucked finding a rare board only for it to have 20% chance to work.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Been over it.

Short answer: Agreed.

Long answer: Make it not suck and I might want it in there. Make the boards rare, but make them have 100% success rate.

Do not want! But it would be fine if it worked like Nitro said.

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Been over it.

Long answer: Make it not suck and I might want it in there. Make the boards rare, but make them have 100% success rate.
    Agreed thrice,
    You can read countless threads on this site were we go on and on about how failing a weapon sucks. Most of the time that percent (if not 100%) only means you have a chance to fail. Many of us have failed Psycho Wands and Agito Repcas at 99% and have claimed it to be the worse day in gaming history.

Synthing weapons/armor with a chance to fail is not fun for anyone, but I wouldn't be apposed to % synthing on other items, such as room decorations.
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Jun 12, 2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

I hope it does
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Synthing items has already been confirmed in PSO2. In fact, it was one of the first things SEGA even said about it. But, apparently, they've reworked the entire system. So, we'll see how it goes this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Been over it.

As with many others, I quote because this is pretty much my answer.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Synthing items has already been confirmed in PSO2. In fact, it was one of the first things SEGA even said about it. But, apparently, they've reworked the entire system. So, we'll see how it goes this time around.
    and I quote this... because I forgot about it.

But remembering it now, LOL, hope it's not as messed up as PSU's 99% = 50% garbage...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I also agree that PSU's synthing system was garbage and would like to see an actual GOOD system implemented. Here's my ideas:

• Weapons could drop pre-made as usual, but in some instances (such as a quest reward or a rare drop), you could find a synthesis recipe for an item. Unlike PSU's boards, a recipe would be permanently added to a list associated with your character, and you would be able to synth the item as many times as you wanted, provided you had the materials to make it, and you were the proper skill level.

• Materials for making items could be found as normal drops like in PSU, but there could be certain areas (such as mines, quarries, etc.) relatively free of monsters where you could specifically search and gather materials by mining, cutting down trees, etc. This could be done in a mini-game and/or leveling style (perhaps something like the Underground in 4th-gen Pokemon). It would be totally optional, but beneficial for those who wanted to make their own customized weapons. People could also choose to buy or sell such materials in NPC and/or player markets, albeit probably at a high price. Gathering items in this manner would give players something else to do other than just mindlessly beating the shit out of monsters all the time. (I'll probably catch a lot of flak for this idea, but I still think it'd be cool.)

• After gaining a recipe and the required materials needed to make an item, a player would need to begin synthing. Because I'm a firm believer that lower-level characters shouldn't have access to the best items in the game immediately and should have to EARN them, synthing would have a skill level associated with it. Basically, the more you synth, the better you get at it. Certain item recipes would have a certain level associated with them: a basic C-rank saber would be a Lv. 1 recipe, but something like a Dark Flow would require Lv. 100. One could also possibly specialize in certain weapon types; one player might be good at making melee weapons, while another would be good at making guns (if they bring back Section ID's, perhaps they could tie this aspect in with them - Redria is better at synthing swords, etc.).

• Just because PSU's synthing was so annoying, once you have the required synthing level to make an item, the item cannot break when you attempt to make it. On the other hand, perhaps one could attempt a higher-level synth and get more skill points if it's successful, but they would run the risk of breaking it or turning it into something completely different, like in PSU. The difference would simply be that, instead of a random number generator and bullshit luck determining the outcome, your own level would, so people who wanted to play it safe would know whether or not to do so, and people who are willing to take a risk could also do so.

• Depending on your synthing level, the recipe's recommended level, and the items you have, the same item may end up with different quality levels. For example, if you were synth level 10, and you made a level 5 weapon, that weapon would most likely be normal quality. If you were synth level 20, however, that same weapon might have boosted stats on it without even having to grind it (meaning even higher stats once it reaches its max grind compared to another version of the same weapon). However, if you were level 10 and managed to make a level 20 weapon, that weapon might have lower stats than normal, etc., although it would give you more exp towards your synth level.

• If a player's synth level is high enough above an item's recommended level, certain customization options could become available. Things such as the element, damage vs. certain enemy types, small boosts to certain stats, added special moves... even cosmetic things, such as color palettes and decals/logos. Along with the above quality differences, even though two people would have the same weapon, they will probably be radically different - sorta like how Pokemon did. In this sense, people would always be searching for the weapon that best suits their playstyle, and more trading and bazaaring would be encouraged. No longer would players hunt down a specific weapon simply for the fact that "lol it has biggar numbarz," unless there's a clear rarity difference.

• Grinding could also work in a similar manner to synthing - it would have a skill level, and the more you did it, the better you'd get at it. Weapons and armor would NOT break when grinded, but depending on your level and the item's level (again, determined by the recipe), certain grinds may give radically different bonuses. On the other hand, attempting to grind an item that is out of your league might actually end up damaging it and lowering its stats instead, or simply not raising its stats by as much per grind. And like PSO, each item would have its own unique max grind value, which the recipe could tell you as well.

I know it's all wishful thinking and pipe dreams, but what do you guys think?

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Synthing items has already been confirmed in PSO2.
    Really?

REALLY?

The fact that the game still uses a terrible system that totally ruined PSU and is only on PC probably means I won't buy it.

Shame.