Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

It's fine and dandy that they're working on their own Wiki and all. And I don't mind if they want to use information I wrote down in their Wiki. Like my Infinity Mission synthesis theory, or my story translation.

What I don't want to happen though is that I complete my guide, then they make an entire Wiki out of my guide in 3 days with what took me nearly 2 months to write. Then someone uses something that I wrote down and says "I came up with that", without citing their references / resources. Then everything I did basically falls to the wayside and everyone'll be like: "DeviFoxx? Who's that? That name sounds vaguely familiar."

I just don't want to feel like I put in all this effort for nothing, that's all.

Maybe I'm getting worried over nothing, but it does make me slightly hesitant to finish the guide now.
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; Aug 24, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    It's fine and dandy that they're working on their own Wiki and all. And I don't mind if they want to use information I wrote down in their Wiki. Like my Infinity Mission synthesis theory, or my story translation.

What I don't want to happen though is that I complete my guide, then they make an entire Wiki out of my guide in 3 days with what took me nearly 2 months to write. Then someone uses something that I wrote down and says "I came up with that", without citing their references / resources. Then everything I did basically falls to the wayside and everyone'll be like: "DeviFoxx? Who's that? That name sounds vaguely familiar."

I just don't want to feel like I put in all this effort for nothing, that's all.

Maybe I'm getting worried over nothing, but it does make me slightly hesitant to finish the guide now.
    That's quite understandable. It makes me wonder why people even do that? It doesn't really warrant you anything beneficial for taking credit.

I think I speak for a few good people here that WE know it's by you. It's probably not much encouragement, however...
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    That's quite understandable. It makes me wonder why people even do that? It doesn't really warrant you anything beneficial for taking credit.

I think I speak for a few good people here that WE know it's by you. It's probably not much encouragement, however...
    No. It's encouraging. I talked a little bit with Temprus and came up with a plan to release the guide. I'm just waiting until it's 100% done to release it. Thanks to Temp, I'm a little less worried now.

Talking More content.

More teaser content from the prologue that's been translated thus far.

Spoiler!

This comes from the scene shortly after the fight with Nagisa at the G.R.M. Research Facility at the start of the game.

Again, sorry if things seem a little slow at the moment. I'm moving as quickly as I can. But "Infinity" seems to be a lot more "wordy" than Vanilla was. At least, to me anyway.

Nevertheless, I'm trying to get it all wrapped up as best I can.

The fact you're actually scripting the Ep.2 story alone is nothing short of amazing. I figured you'd just summarize the events and make things easier on yourself. This is...

Wow, really going above and beyond so, please, take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacGravity View Post
    The fact you're actually scripting the Ep.2 story alone is nothing short of amazing. I figured you'd just summarize the events and make things easier on yourself. This is...

Wow, really going above and beyond so, please, take your time.
    that.

haste makes waste.you're doing a great job.

there is one question thats been nagging me:why does people call it Vanilla?

Vanilla refers to an unchanged thing; the first product without anything special added to it.

An expansion is basically the 'icing/topping' to the product, adding to it like you would put raspberry cream (or something) on top of vanilla ice cream.
    PSP2: Matt - Male Cast - 16x - HU 15/RA 2/FO 1/VA 30

I've started using this this amazing guide! Once I feel I've learned enough, and done enough in PSP2, I'll move on to infinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    I'm doing it just fine with zero knowledge of Japanese.
    same here but i could use this just in case i get stuck on something

Chapter 1: Act 1 is just about wrapped up. I don't want to rush it too fast because I don't want to screw it up. This is the last sample I'm going to release of the story section because I thought it was too funny.

Spoiler!

Oh Wynarl, you and the way people misunderstood you...

Anyway, back to writing. I don't know when I'll be done, but I'll be done when I'm done.
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; Aug 28, 2011 at 04:43 AM.