Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 LastLast

Hey DeviFoxx I just registered to actually say thank you for the guide you created. I am a adamant Phantasy Star fan but I got a behind recently with the series these past few years. I had PSP1 which i thought was great, but as soon as I heard there was a PSP2 and PSP2i and how great they made the series I was a little drawn back that the better version was japanese only.

I was a little dismayed but as soon as I found your guide I mustered up the courage to give psp2i a try so i just recently ordered an import-- a choice I would not have made if not for your guide.

Working now. Thanks for all the hard work!

Somewhere on Clad 6 hiding for Emilia,Lumia and Nagisa

thats great now i can play infinity on english xD and on top i can continue my fanfiction about Infinity ! thanks for the hard work!!!!!

I'm currently downloading it right now.

I remember seeing you start this project way back when and honestly thought that it would not get completed. You definitely have my props for sticking through 'til the end.

I'll post my thoughts on the guide when I actually boot up Infinity and play it again.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    I'm currently downloading it right now.

I remember seeing you start this project way back when and honestly thought that it would not get completed. You definitely have my props for sticking through 'til the end.

I'll post my thoughts on the guide when I actually boot up Infinity and play it again.
    It's been finished for well over a month now. I usually complete most projects I start in some way, shape or form.

As long as people get use out of the guide, I'm satisfied.
    Transcending browser history and the world, a tale of noobs and trolls eternally retold...

Good day DeviFoxx I just want to thanks for the guide!

PS: Also if its okay can you give me some info where i can find some good website that has a japanese dictionary? thanks in advance! more power!

Try Amazon.com or visit a Barnes & Nobles. That's where I get most of my books.
    Transcending browser history and the world, a tale of noobs and trolls eternally retold...

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    Try Amazon.com or visit a Barnes & Nobles. That's where I get most of my books.
    Thank you very much for the reply

And oh do you have a news about Coldbird who creating a translation patch for infinity, is he going to continue it?
    I'm just curious about it.

Triforce Of Courage

Quote Originally Posted by akosichristian View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply

And oh do you have a news about Coldbird who creating a translation patch for infinity, is he going to continue it?
    I'm just curious about it.
    I could be wrong but I was under the impression that Devi and cold were working separately... also I heard Coldbird halted the patch in favor of other projects...

@DeviFoxx - I just got psp2i not long ago and downloaded your guide and it's been MOST helpful I can't thank you enough for putting so much hard work into this and allowing me to enjoy this game. Hats off to you sir!

Allow me to clarify things once again:

I started my Infinity Translation Guide around June 15th, 2011. Infinity had been out in Japan since February 24th, 2011 and by the time I started working on the guide, it was more than evident that there would be no official English release due to Sega's track record.

During that time, people--mainly those on GameFAQs.com were still clamoring for an English Patch in spite of the fact that I was working on my guide.

Somewhere down the line around October, word of my guide had spread far enough to the point where Coldbird (Creator of the PRO CFW series of firmware, and fan of Phantasy Star) had found out about it and ultimately gave him inspiration for his next project.

After joining up on PSO-World, Coldbird began to spearhead the project for a Translation Patch (existing separately from my guide). Myself and others volunteered to aid in translating text dumps and scripts that Coldbird had directly lifted from the game's coding.

Everything for the most part was going fine.

Coldbird had (and presumably still has) big aspirations for the patch--one of the biggest being inserting Anti-Cheating Measures installed within the patch in an effort to keep Infinity from turning into USA / EUR Vanilla PSPo2.

But he then hit a snag.

He was designing the patch around the idea of it being used in conjunction with his PRO CFW. After I basically backed off from translating the script dumps so I could finally finish the guide (for you guys, mind you), after little over a month Coldbird eventually backed off from working on the patch in favor of other things having to take priority. Mainly working on his latest PRO CFW for PSP (and ultimately maximizing the effectiveness of the planned patch and all its new features).

Quite some time ago, to ease everyone's minds a bit, I went in Skype and spoke with Coldbird for a bit to confirm the fact that he was busy with other things at the moment. I also asked him if he'd make a brief appearance here on the forums to give everyone an update on the situation--which he did.

The translation patch has been on hiatus since roughly the end of October / Beginning of November of 2011.

I finished my translation GUIDE (Not the same as the patch.) somewhere around the end of March 2012, with the last update having been on April 1st 2012 on the basis that I don't like leaving my own projects unfinished, and I felt that Phantasy Star fans should have the game in English in at least SOME kind of form.

To this day, people still confuse my guide and Coldbird's patch to be the same thing, when they're not.

And the other thread, detailing the patch has pretty much derailed from its original topic, and is continually bumped by people who haven't been reading the past few pages, or people fresh off of GameFAQs or some-such looking for the patch that was never released--thus causing people to think that the patch is still currently being worked on.

At best, the patch only exists in the form of a Beta dump plugin that only a select few [myself included] have actually tested with only a minimal amount of things translated (like the character creation menu, that's about it). Plus, it's somewhat buggy in that it causes the game to freeze up every now and again.

Will ColdBird come back to finish the patch? There's a chance he will. He's a pretty nice guy.

From a realistic standpoint though, given the nature of patches for RPGs, a decent patch for Infinity that includes the story text and everything is still a long ways off. Months to a year. That's from my personal experience, though.