Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

It all comes down to play style. Most people have no style in this game, they all use the same weapons to try and put out the highest damage possible. Impressive as damage may be I believe it us equally impressive, if not moreso to stick with a class that is considered inferior by most but that you actually enjoy playing. This game gets very boring when you decide to just go with a class because it is the highest damaging class. Btw Wt is awesome in those /r missions. I still go into those /r missions as a Pt. Most people never played Pt before AotI and really have no concept for actual strategy and gameplay. Personally I prefer to play a difficult class to play in those missions because it makes those missions more interesting. Rather than the strategy always being kill everything as fast as possible with and getting bored, you develop strategies to take monsters down. Some of which you don't get credit for. People can keep saying Pt suck on /r missions and same with Wt but I don't get bored playing this fame because you always have to develop new strategies when playing a more difficult class.

I personally use probably the most hated class combo: Human Male WT. I always play solo. To me the best part is finding out what's the best weapon for certain situations/monsters. It keeps the game fresh for me. For example I just got recently into twin sabers and I've been having fun with Cross Hurricane. Anxioulsly awaiting if we ever get Buffed Assault Crush for 360.

For a WT in order to be fast in anything you have to use the right weapon for the situation. That's why(IMO)they have so many different weapon classes. For example let's use the boss De Ragnus from The Dual sentinel S3 difficulty. I use this one because some people hate it because is neutral. It takes me 3 combos of Vivi Danga to kill it while soloing using a 10/10 Vishic/c. That's about 20-25 secs to kill it using the whip. If I use any other weapon it'll take longer than that. Much longer if I use something entirely wrong for it. i don't know about you, but killing a boss taht quick while soloing it has to be pretty good. I'm not saying I'm the fastest. Just saying pretty good. And anyway not everybody consider faster=better. a lot of us define best by something else besides speed.

Vishic/C 10/10 is kinda a cheap weapon though on that boss.
    Its the only whip in the game IIRC, (and one of the only weapons) with a 20% boost to Photon Arts and its pretty easy to get. Its basically like having a 20% element against everything with your photon art and it makes it a great whip for small groups or multiple element targets as well.

Also, Acrotecher can use it too, and much to the same effect and quicker.
    Personally, I think the versatility of WT is wasted a lot on people who lack the more exotic photon arts like Masei-sou that can greatly assist in situations lacking the proper class.

Finally, I've yet to see another WT with Dizas and Rentis, but lots of AT with it. What, do WTs think that they shouldn't do support if no one else around will do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    Finally, I've yet to see another WT with Dizas and Rentis, but lots of AT with it. What, do WTs think that they shouldn't do support if no one else around will do it?
    The reason that I do not carry them is pallete space and the 36 PA cap. It gets very difficult to load up all those arts and fit them on a pallete, especially if the mission requires multiple weapon elements. It is the same reason that I tend to use megistar instead of the individual buffs.
    Last edited by BlakLanner; Aug 31, 2011 at 07:30 AM.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    Vishic/C 10/10 is kinda a cheap weapon though on that boss.
    Its the only whip in the game IIRC, (and one of the only weapons) with a 20% boost to Photon Arts and its pretty easy to get. Its basically like having a 20% element against everything with your photon art and it makes it a great whip for small groups or multiple element targets as well.

Also, Acrotecher can use it too, and much to the same effect and quicker.
    Personally, I think the versatility of WT is wasted a lot on people who lack the more exotic photon arts like Masei-sou that can greatly assist in situations lacking the proper class.

Which is exactly my point. Sometimes I wondered if the WT hate comes from people who never levelled and/or used the wrong weapons for the monsters. Also, people might be put off that WT can't equip those "glamorous" weapons(Yet. I'm drooling for the unreleased s-rank daggers), which I totally understand. But I'm very happy with what I have and that I don't need stacks and stacks of meseta in order to get 10/10 and 50% gear.

I really don't understand why the Vishic/c is cheap on that Boss. People often choose their classes because of the in game advantages certain classes have over others. So why is it cheap? Is and advantage that whip users have. It's an advantage I have for any multi-target boss or enemy while using a 10/10 50% whip of the opposing element vs weapons that don't hit as many targets.

Finally, I want to mention something about WT vs AT since you brought it up. People often use AT as one of the reasons for WT hate. Mainly the reasons are quicker attacks, higher buffs and can equip s-rank whips. Everybody please understand that I'm not about to knock off AT. That's not what I'm about to say. I'm simply pointing out why it isn't clear cut as everybody says:

For a whip lover like me I prefer WT over AT. Why? Many reasons. Even though AT has quicker attacks, WT has higher ATP. Yes you can buff higher in AT(lvl 50 buff is 8% higher tha lvl 30 buff), but WT can take the Whip PA 10 lvls higher(10% PA increase over AT). Also WT has a 24% ATP advantage in stat modifier at lvl 20 over AT. So basically AT does need higher buffs since they start with lower ATP anyway.

As far as the lvl 50 DFP buff for AT, WT already has a 30% better stat modifier advantage over AT to begin with, so probably the lower buff doesn't affect WT that much.

Also the differences in ATP between a-rank whips and s-rank whips is not that big, specially with the new a-rank whips, and we all know that for striking %>>>ATP. To really see a huge difference in ATP you have to go to the unreleased s-rank whips, but their ATA is so low that I think that even AT with their better accuracy stat modifier and high ata buff will be hitting a lot of zeroes. And if you switch to a better ATA arm unit then the ATP drops rapidly. And let's not forget that it will be more difficult to get those weapons in 10/10 50% form.

One more thing, I really like and need my variety of weapons, and my main reason for not choosing AT over WT was just that. My 17 different weapon classes allured to me more than the AT 11 weapon classes. It gives me more things to hunt. Seriously, I couldn't see myself playing w/o Longbows, Twin Claws, Twin Sabers and Knuckles. And I even haven't gotten into spears yet.

I really think AT is cool. As a WT I would love to be able to use s-rank cards, and have the option to use s-rank whips if I could, and quickness is nice to have. But since I had to compromise in all the things that I wanted, I compromised towards WT.

BTW, very few people read my rants anyway, and they are probably skipping to the last paragraph. So this is my message: Use whatever class you want and enjoy playing. And keep on hating on WT, we'll have the last laugh when buffed Assault Crush arrives(Buahahahahahah-sinister laugh) Just Kidding. In reality I don't think we'll ever see buffed AC in our server .
    Last edited by Orosan; Aug 31, 2011 at 09:35 AM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Yes most cases it's the the Pa cap, I use only one PA for each of my melee there no need for more with WT even with the New PA's here in JP there not always the best since the situation could go against using then and then there's the OP PA's that are hard to get around from not using them. With WT even Race and Gender can reflect what type of PA skills one can use. Masei-sou is great Bow PA but pre-update it wasn't as good and hard to use as WT Now it's awesome and works very well, But before hand the other Ult PA for Bow was better since you could keep pretty close to the Element PA's but saved PA space. WT is the Ultimate front line Crowed controller / Front line support with Tank like Damage absorbing abilities. They the one's that take the heat off others and set the mood of the battle for the other classes like a blocking Setter for the Spiker in Volleyball.

Anna_Wren I do Support others when the is no other Techer in the group or help with it if the other Techer doesn't have some of the other supports and become a front line Debuffer and healer if needed with massive set ups for every one. I even at time run into the line of fire to take damage since I know that the damage is going to be 0 or mild to me com-paired to other which would be worse. Now for Soloing It's different and more challenging I done thing with WT that no other class would dare to do Normally or at all and I've at lived most other classes. WT can Solo almost all of the mission with out any one else's help and with out speed or OP number's in Damage. If WT got a speed boost or thru GAS the WT class would be Extremely broken and way to OP. WT can get the Number's in DPS they can stay up in times with PA's for attacking not walking tho (TD, or others are still slow). WT is a Good Class not Best but Very Good Class.

The most important part is that AT attacks faster than WT. AT>WT even on JP right now.

*Wait until the travel dagger PA comes out*

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    The most important part is that AT attacks faster than WT. AT>WT even on JP right now.

*Wait until the travel dagger PA comes out*
    But Wt has the advantage of Assault Crush.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Yes but AT will have a travel PA on par with tornado dance AND will attack faster. If you are a newman AT like me, you also have a few technique attacking options possible because of the increased casting speed.