Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So I got a PSP today...

And apparently nobody notified me that you need a memory card to do fucking anything on the damned thing. Like, I can't even access the PSN because it requires a system update, and you have to update to a memory card. And you can't use just any SD card that I have tons of, you have to have the *special* Sony stick. Bleh. That just seems rather... last generation, on already outdated hardware. But, I guess I can't bitch much there when it comes down to it cause I could have gotten a PSPgo but I got the 3000 since I'm still insistent on physical media.

At any rate, I plan on running out to pick up Phantasy Star Portable 2 (and a mem stick) if the game shops aren't all closed down for the 4th. Before I do, I was wondering if there is still much of an active community for PSP1 (via tunneling) and PSP2? Searching for 20 mins to find a game on PSZero is getting a bit old... especially when you only get paired with one lone Japanese guy who immediately drops. Any major cheats or bullshit I should be on the lookout for?

Anyhow, I guess I'll be running with some of you guys, so I'll see you around.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

There is still a community on PSPo2, but it's kinda small. However, you should be able to find stable players to play with in-game and from the forums.

There are random players in-game that do use hacks. LV200 hack is most common, I believe. There is also a hack where a hacker can turn your character into LV0 and you can't level up. A way to counter hacks such as these is to host your own games, play with players who you know are legit and make backup saves regularly.

Here's a wiki for PSPo2:
    http://psp2.psupedia.info/Main_Page

Here's a link for instructions on how to install JP DLC for PSPo2:
    http://psp2.psupedia.info/Playing_Ja..._on_US/EU_PSP2

I play Challenge Mode all the time online. If you would like to play CMode sometime, let me know.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Did you buy it new or used? I assume used, because PSPs are SUPPOSED to come with a memory stick. I know mine came with one when I bought it. Albeit, a far more inferior memory size than what they probably give now.

Also keep in mind Sinue, unless you already know, that you should back up your save regularly before coming online, since SEGA has projected themselves to be a defunct presence on moderating online activity. Cheaters exist rampantly, and whatever they have active, CAN and WILL affect your game, so if you end up saving afterwhich you're in trouble. Beware of the level 0 hack. Its a complete gamebreaker, and there's no way to unhack it.

Here's a thread about current hacks that can effect you in the game.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185255

You'll of course have no problems with this if you're playing with people you know.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Jul 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Mine was new and didn't come with a memory stick, I had to buy a crappy used memory stick at the last minute. :\

Only the bundles really come with them or something. and the only current interesting looking bundle they had was the metal gear one, and the psp came in this ugly green color. other than that lol madden and Hannah Montana.

/still can't believe that same psp fucking broke after 2 weeks.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I must have gotten the bundle during PSP's release then. Its been years since I had mine, so my mind's fuzzy.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I say its good that you didn't buy a PSPgo D: Horrible idea i think. Can't get new games, can't play old games, not all games are on their download service.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Non-hacked Go's suck, true.

Don't buy a memory card in a store if you can help it, amazon or e-bay generally have bigger ones for cheaper.
    Currently playing: Phantasy Star Portable 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Mine was new and didn't come with a memory stick, I had to buy a crappy used memory stick at the last minute. :\

Only the bundles really come with them or something. and the only current interesting looking bundle they had was the metal gear one, and the psp came in this ugly green color. other than that lol madden and Hannah Montana.

/still can't believe that same psp fucking broke after 2 weeks.
    I have that Metal Gear one, and I have no problems with it...
    PSPo2;
    Graviteon: CAST, Male, level 102,RA/16 VA/15|Nalma: Newman, male, level 90, FO/13 VA/13

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jorry View Post
    I have that Metal Gear one, and I have no problems with it...
    I said the color was ugly(Yeah, yanno my opinion would clearly effect what I'd buy D<) I didn't say anything was wrong with the way it worked. D<

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

When you get online always back up your save file on a computer, mostly children think PSP2 is like pokemon game and they can hack everyones crap thinking they are helping but in reality are real losers down to the last wire.

Mist out on my last 60 levels of grinding because some noob thought they were helping. Bad news for me I did not have a back up of my save data.