Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post

I really haven't been paying enough attention to call it one way or the other for my personal opinion. But man my facebook wall is filled with pent up rage about this today!
    That wouldn't happen to be the cover of a dual disc american beauty, would it?

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
    That wouldn't happen to be the cover of a dual disc american beauty, would it?
    Not that version specifically but a version yes it is that album.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    Not that version specifically but a version yes it is that album.
    Really? I could've sworn mine came with a 2nd cd with a live version of truckin' and some other songs.

The way I see it is better one guilty person go free rather than one innocent person be found guilty.

this is BS, she obviously killed her, but as long as she doesnt do anything like that again, its better she be let free

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    What happens when a 'jury of your peers' is comprised entirely of avid So You Think You Can Dance fans, fashion vloggers, and people who believe in earnest that Gaga is the Mozart of our time.

(Sorry Luu)
    This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

It's more of a thing that if she did it, then it's a shame they couldn't get proper evidence to convict her. However, I've seen the exact opposite happen, and you weigh what's worse.

Let's not forget this nice humdinger from 2 years ago, and this is not the only case either.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34467096...s-behind-bars/

They also didn't have clear evidence on the guy, but it certainly got him a conviction. I guess a lawyer could be that good to pull that one off. He must've faced Miles Edgeworth, or the system was *really* screwed up in his case.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jul 8, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.
    Standing out from the crowd, that's a start. Was it worth a laugh, at least?

;3

The U.S. is well known for having one of the most advanced and complex judicial systems in the entire world.
    There are thousands of people each day that hope to settle disputes for justice.
    What makes our system look so great in comparison to others? It operates with a great deal of success in a country as diverse and massive as the U.S.
    We run off an organized and ordered Hierarchy that are composed from many different federal courts that control issues regarding federal law.
    Each state has different laws that can better adapt to the peoples needs.

Yes there are a few loopholes in the Judicial system
    Yes there are people who take advantage of the system, "Lawsuit Lottery".

But the system works quite well. It's unfortunate when there are cases like this... but you don't really see the thousands of cases each day that serve proper justice. So people only reflect on what's publicised.
    So basically it's more of the media that is corrupt than our judicial system.

However, I highly recommend seeing the documentary, Hot Coffee
    http://hotcoffeethemovie.com/

But back on topic...
    I'm very disappointed in the verdict...
    And on an Effed up note....
    Spoiler!

I read a few Google news articles about the trial from time to time, but I never was able to get too worked up about it. That said, I'd much rather she go free than to get the death penalty when they couldn't actually prove she committed murder. (Of course, I think it's, what, maybe forty or fifty US women in the last hundred years that have actually been executed? I may be completely wrong on this, but I seem to remember reading someplace that very few women that are sentenced to death in the United States end up getting it.)

I was more interested in how the internet at large got whipped up into such a frenzy over it all. I felt embarrassed for everyone who posted lengthy, weepy Facebook notes about it and everything else. Didn't they realize that they only cared about it because it was on TV a lot?