Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google+

I figure I'll do as I've done since these things have come out and ignore it. It sounds interesting but superfluous like every other social networking site.

So far it's pretty much the main people I see on Facebook, posting on Google+....

The main hate for it as of now, is like someone mentioned, you have to put people in circles before they're your friend..

This sucks when you've added all your FB contacts into Google+, because you have a shit load of people to add into circles, and you CANNOT do it in bulk.
    You have to do it all individually....

So for now, I let people know I have it, and they can find me, I'm not going to add or invite all those people... Seems like a waste of time until it becomes more open, and viral.

EDIT: Actually, I guess you can kinda do it in bulk... maybe it's new, cause I've tried what I just tried before, and it didn't work.... this time it did..

I hit select all, and then dragged them all into my "Friends" circle, and I guess it'll invite all those people...
    Last edited by Volcompat321; Jul 15, 2011 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkommando View Post
    superfluous like every other social networking site.
    People keep saying that, and I don't know why. Well, no, I do know. They all say "go outside and have a real conversation!"

Have you met people? They're quite stupid most of the time, and not interesting to talk to at all. I find it's easier just to type a quick little thing somewhere on the internet, and say you've "communicated." Also, I only use Facebook (and Google+, now) to rant about things that piss me off, or to post up the latest gaming news for friends that may not know it yet. Not everyone gets on social networking sites just to "chit-chat." Some people use it for stress relief, or for information.

Well, all that plus I have "problems" with social interaction, so the internet is a good way to be able to talk to people without having a panic attack.

Whew. Anyway, I should probably send Google+ invites to all my close friends on Facebook, so it won't be so boring when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    So far it's pretty much the main people I see on Facebook, posting on Google+....

The main hate for it as of now, is like someone mentioned, you have to put people in circles before they're your friend..

This sucks when you've added all your FB contacts into Google+, because you have a shit load of people to add into circles, and you CANNOT do it in bulk.
    You have to do it all individually....

So for now, I let people know I have it, and they can find me, I'm not going to add or invite all those people... Seems like a waste of time until it becomes more open, and viral.

EDIT: Actually, I guess you can kinda do it in bulk... maybe it's new, cause I've tried what I just tried before, and it didn't work.... this time it did..

I hit select all, and then dragged them all into my "Friends" circle, and I guess it'll invite all those people...
    I know when I did circles for the first time, I just started clicking all the ones I wanted to drag and they stayed highlighted. Then when I dragged one it dragged the whole group. Made things a lot faster. Though that doesn't change the fact only around 20 something people are ever displayed at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    People keep saying that, and I don't know why. Well, no, I do know. They all say "go outside and have a real conversation!"
    Good to see you know what my reasoning was without me stating it. No, social networking sites are superfluous because I have other methods to contact, whether it be forums, email, phone, or instant messaging. Or, yes, in person. Hence why they are superfluous, as in, excessively redundant. None of them do something I can't do through some other form.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkommando View Post
    Good to see you know what my reasoning was without me stating it. No, social networking sites are superfluous because I have other methods to contact, whether it be forums, email, phone, or instant messaging. Or, yes, in person. Hence why they are superfluous, as in, excessively redundant. None of them do something I can't do through some other form.
    This may not be true for you, but my phone is pretty shitty for organizing mass events, which is the primary use my friend group gets out of facebook most of the time. There's usually at least one a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    I know when I did circles for the first time, I just started clicking all the ones I wanted to drag and they stayed highlighted. Then when I dragged one it dragged the whole group. Made things a lot faster. Though that doesn't change the fact only around 20 something people are ever displayed at a time.
    Well, at first it wouldn't do a mass drag and drop of people from my FB, (used Yahoo, to get FB contacts, then Yahoo->GMail contacts-> G+...)
    So when I tried again, and it worked, I was surprised.

Okay, I'm loving this more and more.
    The phone application is very cool
    I use the hell out of Huddle and Hangout
    Circles was just a retardedly smart idea, as mentioned earlier:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/184577/sat...ms-on-facebook