Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Default PSO-World's Phantasy Star Podcast Episode 4 review

Hey guys and gals,

After some issues ranging from real life to technical problems, the podcast has been revived!

We had some great fun recording this episode, but keep in mind after not recording an episode in so long, the sound quality is a little iffy. Usually we have HUnewearl_Meira doing the recording and editing, but this time I had to do it. I previously have never really done any audio editing of any sort, and I think you'll be able to tell .

You may have to adjust your volume every so often as I had a hard time adjusting volumes due to noise issues and such. This will probably be the only episode with this problem, and shouldn't happen again.

Aside from that, the format of the show was a little different and we had to omit a few segments but they'll be returning in the future.
    Hopefully I'm not making this seem worse than it is, there's a lot to listen to!

As usual, I'm looking forward to all comments positive and negative to improve the show for you guys.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

72 minutes is rather lengthy, my ears feel like they've been beaten with the constant volume adjustment. It feels like there were more pauses in between each person.

Other than that I don't have much of a gripe about this, but still AAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHH MMMMMYYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

72 minutes is quite long you could have split it up, but still, I enjoyed it.

I personally love the hour-long talking sessions. I have no problems with the length. It's good for just lying down in bed and listening.

We've had longer episodes in the past, but yes, I'm trying to cut episodes a little shorter. Aiming for under 45 mins or so in the future.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)

Forum Rules - Read it!

I was quite happy with it, and I did miss listening to it while I do, well, nothing else. I don't mind the length (other than the fact that it kept me up a bit too late, but that's my fault. I knew it would keep me up a bit later than I wanted, and I watched it anyway). Only real complaint is that not much was relavant to me, since I don't play PSU or PSP2i. But, then, it was still cool listening to you guys talk. Hope to hear another one soon.

We've got a lot of the technical difficulties mentioned in Episode 4 cleaned up now, and we should be able to re-visit the "lost episode" with RubyEclipse. Expect to see that show up within the next month or so, presuming that my computer doesn't blow up again.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Thanks for keeping this alive can't wait to see more of it!
    Edit:I really enjoyed listening to the Podcast I really would not mind if the podcast was longer.
    Few questions
    1. Have you ever thought of going to the community and asking what they want you to talk about in the next podcast?
    2.Ever think about having a livestream of the podcast?Where you could use community comments to I guess make the podcast more personable.
    3.I personally really thought the idea about choosing one weapons from a PS game and doing an overall background about the weapon to be a great idea.
    Now the question Do you think you guys will set up a poll with a few weapons that could be talked about in the next podcast and which ever weapon gets the most votes you would talk about?
    Last edited by THLPSC; Jul 12, 2011 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THLPSC View Post
    Thanks for keeping this alive can't wait to see more of it!
    Edit:I really enjoyed listening to the Podcast I really would not mind if the podcast was longer.
    Few questions
    1. Have you ever thought of going to the community and asking what they want you to talk about in the next podcast?
    2.Ever think about having a livestream of the podcast?Where you could use community comments to I guess make the podcast more personable.
    3.I personally really thought the idea about choosing one weapons from a PS game and doing an overall background about the weapon to be a great idea.
    Now the question Do you think you guys will set up a poll with a few weapons that could be talked about in the next podcast and which ever weapon gets the most votes you would talk about?
    1. Yes actually. Ideas are welcomed and I've tried to work in some stuff from emails before.

2. We had a little talk of doing a live stream at some point, but not sure when that will happen. Probably not for a long time. It would be nice to have actual listener input while the show was going on, yes.

3. I actually did not think of setting up a poll for that. It is a good idea, but I'd like it to be a random surprise.

There's actually a whole LOT more I'd love to throw into episodes, but the problem is that once we start talking about a subject, it takes up a decent chunk of time. There have been segments planned such as:

-Community Questionnaire
    -Shout-outs
    -Member Accomplishments
    -Open Forum (Off Topic subject discussion)
    -Know Your Arsenal
    -Meira's FKL
    etc.

Without any news subjects, we could make episodes with just those segments alone. I feel people would like to hear about the bigger news subjects over the smaller segments, unless I'm wrong? This is where you guys chime in.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Jul 13, 2011 at 07:11 AM.

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by THLPSC View Post
    I've often thought it would be good if we could take calls from listeners as they do on radio talk shows. If we can figure out how to do that, then we may go for it, though I would expect that to be a much longer show than usual-- radio shows which take callers tend to be two to four hours long.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016