Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    It's on the PSP. And it's from an anime that isn't Naruto or Bleach. And it's on the PSP. Did I mention it's on the PSP?

PSP is dead pretty much every where besides Japan. Rev up that import or Youtube playthroughs are your only options, unfortunately.
    It is indeed because most companies gave up already. However, I faith in some of my favourite companies: NIS America and XSEED. XSEED is working on four PSP games: Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky The 3rd, Fate/Extra and Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom.
    In an interview with Haru Akeanga, NIS America president:

"Is there no hope for Black Rock Shooter? A lot of people, my readers included, want it."

Haru Akeanga, President of NIS America: "I know, I love it! I want to do it."

You can read the whole interview in here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/30...sident-part-1/

Also, it's pretty much dead in there 'cause of the damn piracy disease. Here it's not like that yet.

I had no idea, I don't really follow the PSP or any of its news anymore. I still don't see someone publishing it and releasing it in Europe or USA, unless they are sincerely trying to please fans of the series. Which is always a welcomed and appreciated thing, but in the gaming industry today, it's all about sales.

Every year, sales are dropping slightly for games and releasing titles like this would bring companies little money. If it was just "translate this game, make a ton of copies, ship to stores" every game would be in major languages.

But I suppose optimism is key when you want something....

I know Majarra, believe me. There are still great companies, like XSEED, giving a push to the PSP. Also, there's this thing I heard about the PS Vita. It can play PSP games: downloadable ones from the PlayStation Store of course. It's still kinda a rumour though. Seems it will depend on Sony's take on things. Nevertheless, I'll keep my hopes up. ⁀ω⁀

I really do hope Vita gives a huge push to the Sony handheld gaming industry. I opt to keep my PSP for a few select titles for the most part (namely the monster hunter series speaking of which portable 3rd needs to get its ass over here, and it has a Rachet and Clank game, oh, and the Powerstone port.) It probably isn't that cost effective to move niche titles over here, but damn if it wouldn't be nice. Though I'd say personally I'm in a different demographic than what the BRS game is targeting, but that's neither here nor there, because there's still plenty of good JP games I'd love to play that just don't make it here.

Also couldn't help but notice out of the reviews shown on that OVA stats page, they all basically said it was all style no substance with bad story (lolanime.) Though a game doesn't always have to have a good story to be good (hell, early sonic and mario games there may as well have not been one.) The combat in this doesn't actually look to bad, but I'd want to see more of it first.
    Last edited by Sord; Jul 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM.

Same here mate. So many great Japanese games that never leave there.
    I really hope the Vita does awesomely well too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The anime/official manga has it as "Black (star) Star".

-Wayu

Nah. She's the Black Rock Shooter. Rock for short in the manga.

That's what she's known as, sorry.

She gives her name as simply "Rock" but we don't really know for sure.

-Wayu

I see.
    Nevertheless it's Black Rock Shooter fer me since it says that's her name everywhere, including the official Japanese website.

I knew I could count on ya, NIS America! Awsome work!

Black Rock Shooter: The Game coming to North America and Europe!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/24...ca-and-europe/