Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Final Fantasy Type-0

This Final Fantasy game is looking great so far. Also the first PSP game with two UMDs, I think.
    Another epic title!

Spoiler!

For those who want lot's of detailed information about Final Fantasy Type-0 check: http://www.siliconera.com/?s=Final+Fantasy+Type-0
    Last edited by Shinji Kazuya; Jul 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

I was talking about this the other day. Looks great.
    Only problem: Whether or not we'll get it or not ._. I have high hopes since there are very few Final Fantasy games that don't make it over here.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

There was recent talk that the West may get a downloadable version.

Key word being may.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Yeah. They seem ta be looking into that matter.
    Check this: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/05...antasy-type-0/

I don't really doubt we'll be getting it but who knows.

Leave it to final fantasy to put out a multi-disk game for the first time on PSP, lol. I never did play Crisis Core, and I actually heard good things about the gameplay on that. Should look into finding it, probably cheap as hell now.

This game doesn't look to heavily turn based either, some kind of charge limit between moves but as long as I can freely run around and dodge stuff of my own volition rather than sitting there and letting a statistic determine it, I should be happy. Only turn-based RPG I've ever beaten was Xenogears. Nearly beat FF7 and Golden sun, but by the time I got to their final bosses I was so sick of the combat I didn't want to do the necessary grind. Dissidia: Duodecim is also grand fun (skipped out on the first one,) even if it's incredibly frustrating between me and my 3 other friends who have it. Even when I win it's frustrating, ouph. Exdeath can go die in a fire.

Last console FF I had any interest in was 12, which while I didn't beat it, kept my attention far longer than any of the other games did (if they got any in the first place.) FF seems to have a pretty good track record on the PSP though with Crisis Core and the Dissidias, so I'll probably keep my eye on this one since it doesn't look strictly turn based.

You will like this then. If you read the news and watched the videos, you'll know it's all in real time.

Yeah, just read through the siliconera article explaining the controls. Guess I'll be keeping my eye out then. Hopefully the writing isn't as bad as 13's was. I tried watching my friend play it for an hour or two. Both him and myself got sick of the characters pretty damn quick. It felt like every character was an overhashed cliched trope taken to an extreme. If the gameplay makes up for story in Zero, I'll probably still play it anyways, but still, I'd prefer to have writing I like, as I imagine anyone would. So fingers crossed on that note.

I like the story so far. Countries in war and stuff.

It sounds interesting, still reading some of the articles, jumping between that and some other stuff right now. Saw a l'Cie Gilgamesh is making an appearance. Have a friend who will be very happy to hear about that Gilgamesh bit. Also glad to see throwbacks to traditional classes, and well, throwbacks to a lot of stuff in general. However, the moment I saw l'Cie I immediately threw my guard up. Given my last post, I'm sure you can guess why. The "active map" idea sounds cool, hope it's implemented well.

One thing did stick out for me pretty damn heavily though: "The team is fine tuning ad-hoc multiplayer, which was affected by the PlayStation Network outage." If that's co-op, then this just got about 10x more interesting.

Yes, yes it is! Ya can play the war and do free missions in co-op via ad-hoc multiplayer and if ya have a PS3 ya can use the ad-hoc party thing. If ya are reading the articles, ya'll find the one that talks about co-op soon.