Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    That depends. More and more aspects of cellphones are using both cellphone and wi-fi auto switching. These days, very few folks, with a phone, ever find themselves without connectivity. And unless you expect the pages to be loaded with lots of heavy bandwidth-eating imagery (which wouldn't be the case for any app sized for a phone), the pages would load up quickly.

Perhaps, something more in the lines of both a web app and a phone-specific apps, just so it's usable by every cell-phone with a proper browser. Take note, if the information can be stored in one page with Javascript handling to process the rest of the app, the whole thing can run offline once the app is loaded, in the first place.
    I'm thinking an app for in-stores. No wi-fi in most of the stores of this type as far as I'm aware of. In my area we have several buildings where once you enter you have to do all kinds of crazy stuff to get any connection at all and that is on Verizon.

Makes sense. Yeah, I just happen to live in a state where Cell service and/or Wi-fi is hardly ever denied. Wifi is popping up pretty much everywhere here and if not, cells generally get through.

App inventor is pretty neat... but basic.

I've been wanting to make a few apps, but just had some friends play around..
    Not sure what they use, but I'll see if I can get info....

(A PSO-World app would be awesome...... and probably quite simple!)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    App inventor is pretty neat... but basic.

I've been wanting to make a few apps, but just had some friends play around..
    Not sure what they use, but I'll see if I can get info....

(A PSO-World app would be awesome...... and probably quite simple!)
    I have one. I call it a browser.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I have one. I call it a browser.
    Browsers can be bothersome...

I have the HTC Sensation and the Samsung Vibrant, both quite nice phones, and browsing on a forum is difficult... but maybe just because I don't like having to scroll over to read the next word every few seconds, then all the way back to start a new paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    Browsers can be bothersome...

I have the HTC Sensation and the Samsung Vibrant, both quite nice phones, and browsing on a forum is difficult... but maybe just because I don't like having to scroll over to read the next word every few seconds, then all the way back to start a new paragraph.
    Well, yes, the problem there is that the layout of forums assumes a monitor is being used. I suppose the best way to do it would be to view the printable version, which might be resized to screen. Or not.

Edit: On a side note, I grabbed the Android SDK, and the plug-in for Eclipse. (For some reason, my install of Helios had about a thousand packages missing needed for it. I just upgraded rather than try and install them all, and the stuff they needed... and so forth. Also, Indigo is an odd version name for Eclipse.)
    Last edited by Randomness; Jul 20, 2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Well, yes, the problem there is that the layout of forums assumes a monitor is being used. I suppose the best way to do it would be to view the printable version, which might be re-sized to screen. Or not.
    Well, on some(most) forums I view from my phone, the phone does re-size the forum to fit-to-screen, but it ends up being super squished, or zoomed out to see the whole thing... (And I did change my font size to see if it would be better for each one- Unsuccessful)..

There are some forums where a pop-up will come up and say they have a .... something app version of this forum (forget what it says exactly) but you can download it and it'll be the forum, in an app, and it works much better.

Either way, I think it would be nice to have a PSO-W Forum app...
    I'd come on a lot more, like I used to if we did have one..

I don't come on very often cause I'm never really home on my computer much anymore, working like 17 hours a day.

Now I'm looking for an artist to do some graphics for this app. Anyone willing to make up the graphics? Nothing needs to be animated or anything, just fairly basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    Now I'm looking for an artist to do some graphics for this app. Anyone willing to make up the graphics? Nothing needs to be animated or anything, just fairly basic stuff.

Have any examples?
    Or basic ideas?