Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Default Hello from Edward@SEGA

Hello, wayward GUARDIANS!

This is Edward@SEGA. I really just wanted to drop in here because I know how long it has been, and I know a lot of you are both curious and concerned about the state of the game and even the PSU website -- and if you're part of the SEGA official forums, curious about what's going on there.

First, my real and sincere apologies that it's been so long. I'm sorry I don't have official news to deliver on the forums or site except that I know they're working to get both back online as soon as possible. This wasn't just an issue of pulling things down, dusting off a few things, and putting them back up. Everyone wants to make sure that we don't have security issues that cause serious problems for all concerned later down the road, and the delay comes from wanting to take the necessary steps to protect those things. I'm not in a position to talk about it further but I hope that helps reassure some of you as to what we're doing.

Mostly I wanted to come here to remind everyone: Yes, we still care, and still think of you all And we will be back as soon as we are able, and none of this forums/website downtime will affect our ability or plans to support the game.

I hope everyone playing PSU enjoyed the Great Arms Race event, and I hope you've all enjoyed the PSO2 screenshots which have shown up here (I know I have).

When we're back online we'll be able to talk more about everything going on in-game and out. Wonderful site though this is (truly), it isn't an official SEGA site and I can't really set up ad-hoc support or anything through here. If I'm able to answer anything pressing I will but for most issues please wait til we're back on the official SEGA boards.

Thanks for being so patient while all of this is worked on. I look forward to seeing you all again on the SEGA boards as soon as they have returned!

The real Edward ?

Hello Edward

As we all know its not your fault that the game lacks support from SOJ but what's up with all the new weapons being reskins of old weapons? Many players like myself were looking forward to distant memory being that many new weapons dropped there.. now were getting short changed again from SOJ/SOA... will we get a title update to fix these problems or is PSU doomed to be this way forever?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZy View Post
    The real Edward ?
    'Tis. I suppose I can't prove it though! But I let STH know ahead of time, and STH told Ryna, and hopefully they can verify for you. Until then, you may treat me with skepticism. Beware of fake Kubara-copy Edwards!

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardAges View Post
    'Tis. I suppose I can't prove it though! But I let STH know ahead of time, and STH told Ryna, and hopefully they can verify for you. Until then, you may treat me with skepticism. Beware of fake Kubara-copy Edwards!
    Lol, I see, well please answer Noc's question thats something I was wanting to ask as well and probably many others.

Thanks for popping in.

As you probably already read from Codez, the weapon reskins (which I'm assuming is most of that PSP2 weapon skin/data) is probably one of the community's biggest concerns since the forum's downtime, if any information could be cleared up about that.

Edward I miss the JP section and the official forum drama !!!!
    Delta Violet+ / デルタ. / io / ヘカテ. / JIMMY

My Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    Thanks for popping in.

As you probably already read from Codez, the weapon reskins (which I'm assuming is most of that PSP2 weapon skin/data) is probably one of the community's biggest concerns since the forum's downtime, if any information could be cleared up about that.
    Like I said on the FBD forums:

Originally posted by BIG OLAF:

Well, the fact that they not only re-skin the weapons, but entirely rename them as well, worries me. Think about it. If we were to one day actually get Title Update 2nd, SEGA would have named the weapons correctly, and just added the correct skins to them once we got the update.

Giving the weapons a completely different identity tells me that SEGA has no plans on giving us the correct skins, and therefor, has no plans of giving us Title Update 2nd. So, the 360 servers of PSU are most likely just going to get these last few events, and then fade away. At least that's my prediction.
    TL;DR: If they were going to give us the correct skins at any time in the future, then they wouldn't have renamed the weapons. Don't get your hopes up for a change in the future, because this looks like how it's going to be, no questions asked. But, like I said, that's my theory/prediction.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 19, 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Give it a sec please let him post and answer that one question everyone really wants. :s