Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    I just don't understand why don't they just revamp PSU all together
    It's called "PSO2" I think =p

I say that sega company can go to hell and there fans supporter . they gonna do the same dam thing with the problem with pso2 like they did in the past and now with psu. they dont give a crap about customers only they want from you is your money. funny thing that everyone here cry like lil kids cuz u don't get what everyone want from sega and everyone is dumb enuf to support sega ether way. sega is outdated.there so stupid they cant even keep up with there own problem. if u stop your crying and bitching maybe this will end.but knowing everyone here yah will still bitch about it and does sega care fuck no they don't. because sega and there GM lost intress with everyone and PSU. soon there gonna do it with pso2 .you see its gonna be all nice and stuff give sometime there gonna go back with there bullshit again mark my word there gonna fuck up like they with other PS game
    Last edited by PSU Yoko; Aug 22, 2011 at 08:42 AM.

Can you repeat that in spanish? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Resanoca View Post
    Can you repeat that in spanish? D:
    ur funny guy. I guess u don't get it
    Last edited by PSU Yoko; Aug 22, 2011 at 03:58 PM.

The thing is that Console Gamers accept anything.

PSO and PSU got a playerbase because in the console no action oriented online RPGs existed. Its been PSO/PSU holding them in all this time. Even in PSUJP, a lot came from the playstation 2 originally.

This remains true today.

The fanbase of PSO/PSU are die hard, blind loyalists for the most part.

PSO-2 will be a different thing. It will compete directly with a PC market, where already action oriented online RPGs exist as well as MMORPGs in many hybrids. There is also a higher demand on what PC gamers expect from their gaming and if not met, PC gamers know to stay at their present games.

Console Gamers buy many games and go through new releases. PC gamers for the most part once they enter a game they like will stick to that game for 2 - 4 years and variants.

Basically....it will be a completely different battle for SEGA.

Example Below:

I have not seen a PSU ID over 250,000 in PSUJP. This would mean that although 2 million characters can exist (250K x 8 = 2 million), the game is small and keeps getting smaller. There are 8 universes left in PSU JP. This is from a company with massive advertising because they do advertise in Japan and compete.

When ArenaNet made Guild Wars, all they had was youtube and some internet resources. They had a small budget when working to make the game and got the help of NCSOFT. In their first BETA weekend they had close to 500,000 players.

In the PC, its very important for a high subscriber base to exist in those games. A game that obtains 100 - 200K sales might be able to be OK at first, but if the player count goes down, the game will fail in a short time.

SEGA in psujp did GC to take as much money from a smaller population as that of a larger population. They also did Free Course....even with this....250K in five year period is discerning enough.

Im not saying the game is horrible, but PC-GAMING is a different beast than Console Gaming and if SEGA thinks they can apply the same Console-Gaming plan to advertise and sell a PC-ONLY GAME, they will fail.

As for Sega of America......I will laugh when they start running restriction after restriction and garbage after garbage, and their players just dont put up with it and go to other PC games.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

So there wont be the psp2 content on the 360 server or what?

PSO2 Character: Chibi Loli newman force Level 40

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_psu View Post
    So there wont be the psp2 content on the 360 server or what?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190357

ok....

PSO2 Character: Chibi Loli newman force Level 40

Chances are we will get the data in a special DLC if we get it at all. I haven't lost hope in us getting it but I am damn sure it wont be before PSO2 comes out since almost all of the Phantasy Star programmers are focused on PSO2 so much that even the 360 updaters are over at it too. Since we got SU1 I see no reason we won't eventually get the others but I also think that SoA decided to plow ahead and try to provide more content and stuff to keep the user base alive. Otherwise it would be SE1, 2 years later, SE2. And no missions or anything in between. Like I said before: Once PSO2 comes out in Japan, PSU will die there and either we will get way more attention or will basically be stuck with what we have. I'm inclined to the first but most will go for the latter.

i was using microsoft as a lose (prob not the best choise) and e.g, cus we all know microsoft isnt perfect, was just the 1st thing i trt of. i supose at the time when not alot of ppl knew why jpservs where so far ahead it caused an upset ..

I now can say i understand alot more why this was , thanks for the info =D

x
    Flow like water. Water can crash, water can flow.
    Be water.