Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

I dont think that to much of importers would change back to XBOX, if at closing of PC/PS2 xbox would ahve had same content as JP PSU some would ahve gone there for sure. But soem are now on the JP PSU for a while and got some nice stuff and i guess msot of them would want to start all over again on the XBOX servers. It would take pretty long to restart the 3rd for some people. It's a guess and jsut my opinion not gonna say a lot of peopel would change, but im sure not all importers would change again.
    Anyway, I would be happy if XBOX would have same content as JP PSU, since we all paly the same game (kinda even if its different versions) and it would be nice to see Western version be updated often and properly

there are still a couple of Xbox exclusive very popular games on X360, but for hte most part, nothing popular to us appeals much to them.

Im not surprised. Our RPGs are all ridiculously western-centric, and shooters have quickly become standard in pretty much every aspect of their gameplay. Games like Call of Duty get trillions of buyers for, apparently, no reason. Most of our RPGs/Action games have wonderful lighting effects and shaders but terrible animations and particle engines, making for realistic but terribly stiff and inorganic feeling characters.

Not to say Japanese games are much better...recently this "Moe" and "Lolita" shit has completely driven me away from almost everything they do, including anime and videogames. JRPGs have quickly all become, also, standard in gameplay aspects, even Final Fantasy, and focus all on the wrong crap, like "LOL SUPER MOVIE STORYLINE". Their action games are all the same over-the-top garbage with huge combo numbers, and their characters are all generic heroes with odd looking weapons and a female interest who's either a tsundere or just ridiculously passive.

/tangent

It's like the whole world is in a creative slump. Don't even get me STARTED on hollywood, Disney, Cartoonnetwork, ect ect.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed the whole "90s are awesome" thing that nick is doing? Bliss Nostalgia, i guess they finally realized that their recent shit is garbage.
    Last edited by Serephim; Aug 25, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I wouldn't go as far to say that the JP servers would die. That's taking it to a bit of an extreme, Anna.

But, they would feel a bit of an impact, I'm sure. Nothing significant, but probably most (if not all) of the US/EU importers would switch back to the 360 version (if they still have a 360). You must remember that the Xbox isn't that big a deal over in Japan. I mean, shit, they recently decided to pull Xboxs off of the market over there, since they were selling so poorly. So, I don't think that many people would care enough to switch over to the Xbox version of PSU, even if it was 100% on-par with the JP servers.
    There's few enough importers that most people know everyone else, or are only one friend connection away. Their all leaving JP would have no impact whatsoever in my opinion. The Xbox might notice them return though, there's a lot of meseta tied up in inactive and virtually inactive accounts.

And Anna, no - we won't ever get the right skins for those weapons. Stop hoping, you'll just be disappointed. I'll say that this is purely my opinion, I think it was highly irresponsible of Edward to extend to people the hope of DLC by asking what they think of the subject. Whether the intentions were good or diversionary, I don't see it happening at all unless the subject had already been raised with Japan. Maybe it has, but then - our Tiga boards are still bugged and our Cerans are still missing from DtS, and I thought those were supposed to have been raised too.
    Last edited by bloodflowers; Aug 25, 2011 at 03:42 PM.

Even if 360 caught up by some miracle I won't be switching back. My JP character is already leagues better and almost all of my friends from back on English PC play on JP.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

This comic sums up 360. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

the simplicity of that comic is so amazing. It's so great lol

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    This comic sums up 360. lol
    So true. So true.
    I'm Boomadatigger and if you can't speak freely you're simply not free.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KnightSabers01?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    there are still a couple of Xbox exclusive very popular games on X360, but for hte most part, nothing popular to us appeals much to them.

Im not surprised. Our RPGs are all ridiculously western-centric, and shooters have quickly become standard in pretty much every aspect of their gameplay. Games like Call of Duty get trillions of buyers for, apparently, no reason. Most of our RPGs/Action games have wonderful lighting effects and shaders but terrible animations and particle engines, making for realistic but terribly stiff and inorganic feeling characters.

Not to say Japanese games are much better...recently this "Moe" and "Lolita" shit has completely driven me away from almost everything they do, including anime and videogames. JRPGs have quickly all become, also, standard in gameplay aspects, even Final Fantasy, and focus all on the wrong crap, like "LOL SUPER MOVIE STORYLINE". Their action games are all the same over-the-top garbage with huge combo numbers, and their characters are all generic heroes with odd looking weapons and a female interest who's either a tsundere or just ridiculously passive.

/tangent

It's like the whole world is in a creative slump. Don't even get me STARTED on hollywood, Disney, Cartoonnetwork, ect ect.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed the whole "90s are awesome" thing that nick is doing? Bliss Nostalgia, i guess they finally realized that their recent shit is garbage.
    Funny that you should mention Call of Duty.

I play that series and even Famitsu Magazine...A Magazine known for actually discriminating against any Western Title out there actually gave Modern Warfare II a 39/40 as well as Black Ops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famitsu

When you play a shooter you have freedom. You don't have a bunch of attribute scores and stats limiting everything you do. You can change your role too depending on actual experience and map control.

In an MMORPG there are traditionally four roles. Nuker, Puller, Damage Dealer and Tanker. You make a character and regardless how good or bad you are, you never can get out of that role unless you make a new character. Anywhere you go, anything you do...you are system dependent. A Max level character with no equipment except fists are going to kill a level 1 character who has Epic equipment in one hit.

You then have Action Oriented RPGs where the difference between most games within the genre and PSO/PSU is that in Phantasy Star games you don't even need max grinded equipment to clear a map decently. You could run with 0/10 40% and clear a map with no real problems. The grinding is for those who want to show off their TAing, while in other Action Oriented RPGs to be able to clear the areas ALONE you will need to grind all your weapon and Equipment up from +1 to +12 - + 16...and raise your abilities to a high level.

I wonder if the Xbox version is at the point where any class can clear a map without grinding any equipment with ease.

If that is so then outside of looks the differences outside of the obvious graphics and models are not so different when it comes to gameplay.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"