Page 196 of 206 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Character creation sliders?

Not just sliders! I already build the entire character creator function. Upfront it will cost me an extra day modelling the character for all the customisation, but it will save me a ton of time when I have to spit out NPCs (I will use my own character creator to make most NPC's with just a bunch of base models). I am also gonna apply this to the player armor. So yeah, custom character is gonna be a thing! And here I thought I was only gonna make my armor system this month

I will see if I can change the sliders into more functional stuff later on in development. For now the sliders work fine.

Oh character customization that's a whole new in-depth for your game and I4m here struggling with a ranking system because I suck at coding....
    Busy doing nothing...

Character creator is relatively simple. Most work is in making all the variations of your model that you have to morph to, but that’s just 3D modeling work. Other then that you just have to make input to interpolate between the morph target values.

The armor system is a lot more work though.

Spoiler!

How good that I have a whole folder of Sonic reaction images for nearly every thinkable situation.

But anyway long time no see! Just wanted to tune in to tell you that watching your work so far has been a blast and your stuff just keeps getting more and more amazing. Keep up the great work!

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

Hahaha, some actually got it

Especially with the dreamcast version animations, it was the best!

Good times when sonic wasn't the ultra edge lord and he could be just a bit goofy.

Hey you big drip, where ya going?

Some in between progress for a change so you guys can get an idea what it takes to make an asset.

Here is my high poly sculpting for the basis melee armor set. This is gonna be that boring starter set

Left to do are the legs and some extra arm parts that will make them asymmetrical. The joints will be made in Maya, because that will be easier there.

When the high poly is done, I will be retopolygizing first, then UV, then bake and create the textures. When thats all done, its time to rig the model to the skeleton and make all deformation versions of the model for the character creator and expressions. Sounds like a lot of work, but you get the hang of it after a while (well, it still takes a lot of hours, but it's not as complicated as it sounds).

zorg!

And for those who prefer unspoiled backgrounds:
    https://q-arts.deviantart.com/art/Ok631bg-747224104

Nice stuff there, as always.
    Someday I gotta learn Zbrush for my 2D sprites. It's too much trouble to animate machines frame by frame.
    Busy doing nothing...

I can recommend anyone to go and learn Zbrush. It's quite easy and useful for a ton of stuff. 3D will also improve your drawing skills quite a bit.