Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    Judging by the combat video, I don't see how the hell you'd be able to pull all that off playing with a keyboard.

But whatever, I'm pumped.
    It's pretty simple if you look at the gamepad controls... Unless you're talking about the TPS aspect, but even then you don't need to be super precise with it, so a control stick will suffice.

Feeling pretty sad on the growing reality of a lack of beasts. I mean, I know that keeping the races at the original 3 keeps true to PSO, but I don't want to play as a robot or a space elf. Screw humans too.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    Feeling pretty sad on the growing reality of a lack of beasts. I mean, I know that keeping the races at the original 3 keeps true to PSO, but I don't want to play as a robot or a space elf. Screw humans too.
    Newmans were the original Beasts. You can make them look quite primal if you do it correctly. Besides, you never know what SEGA has planned for future expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    I'm just going to guess that I speak for most people when I say that the vast majority of folks looking forward to this game won't really miss them in the slightest.

That's what I'm hoping for with the ear slider. Though, getting them to look primal is one thing and making cat ears is whole other story.

- Edit @ Drayk: You're right, but it doesn't stop me from missing them.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

In PSP2, they added a new ear-type for male Beasts... I was instantly reminded of them when I saw this:

Very tempted to make a tribute to my PSU/PSP2 character for PSO2....

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    We should form an IBTC in-game when this comes out.
    Gotta say the concept I have in mind at the moment will be in the Drinkin' Smokin' Facepunchin' Committee, alas...

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    But you have to have a body that supports super tiny ones in order for it to be sexy, though.
    ...because she just has IBTs from all the workin' out to support the "I kill things with my muscles" lifestyle.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Juza View Post
    Pfft. If you want trolling, go hit up my line about Mags. I'll happily admit I threw that in just to rile up PSO fanboys. (I really don't care about Mags one way or the other. )

Sorry. The character generator really isn't anything special in this day and age. Go look at something like, say, EVE Online's current system. Come back and tell me, with a straight face, that PSO2's character generator is revolutionizing anything.

Protip: It isn't. It's merely providing what it needs to in order to live up to the baseline standard of character generation in games these days.

Maybe I should've used 'run-of-the-mill' instead of 'mediocre', but them's the breaks.

Eve Online

1) uses probably double, triple, maybe even quadruple the amount of triangles in their models.

2) utilizes complex shaders on the models

3) really doesn't have anything that PSO2 currently does not.

Ive been searching through the videos, and i honestly can't find anything that PSO2 doesn't have right now. In fact, some aspects (hair) are probably MORE in-depth than Eve Online, judging from how Hair was done in PSU alone. You're being swayed by pretty graphics, pretty much. I didn't see a boob sliders on Eve Online, either. Fail.

Eve does things PSO2 doesnt, PSO2 does things Eve doesn't. In all truth, you have MUCH more freedom in PSO2. But honestly, you comparing the two is asinine, seeing as they're completely different games, with completely different styles, trying to accomplish completely different things with their respective customization engines.

...because she just has IBTs from all the workin' out to support the "I kill things with my muscles" lifestyle.
    contrary to popular belief, every female who works out alot doesn't have a flat chest. Although it would PROBABLY be beneficial to most of them (gymnasts) to not have too much, and in fact, may actually be the reason you dont see too many of them with breasts.

Working out probably prevents them from getting much bigger, but i highly doubt working out alot makes them much smaller. Unless it's like, marathon running or something, because those people never have any fat anywhere.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jul 28, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

I don't know, I'm not too sad Beasts aren't in. Mostly because the Newmans (or at least the HUnewearl) look pretty "wild" as it stands right now. I was planning to give my HUnewearl large, cat-like eyes, anyway.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 28, 2011 at 02:45 AM.

Pioneer II, Clyez City, Clad 6, and the Arks Lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I found Mags to be boring, and a pain in the ass. Standing there and feeding them shit every few minutes got old fast. That, and I never even understood how they worked. What the hell did the "IQ" and "Synch %" stats even mean? Oh, and the Photon Blasts were always pointless, as I could do more damage with my weapon in the 7 seconds it took to cast it. They never seemed to be a help to me.

Oh, and a lot of them looked gaudy and out-of-place. Didn't go with my character's style at all, and colors never matched.

As far as I'm concerned, why put them into the game as a mechanic if you can just as easily cut them out? No one would know the difference stat-wise, and it would save time. I think it would be better if they were out, but I won't complain if they're in again, just as long as they have some relevance outside of boosting your stats.
    Mags in PSO were more like a always around partner, if you think about it. I mean, with a Mag by your side, you didnt feel like you were alone when you were by yourself. Sure, they were never helpful, by my standards, but you sort of end up bonding with them like they are a friend, always standing next to you, helping you if you ever need the help. They got your back, if you just ask. Now, in PSU, they were more useful. They were separated into two types. Those that do tech attacks and those that do "bullet" attacks. On those, you can either tell them to do the tech you want them to do, like a wand or they can automatically shoot "bullets" at the enemy. Again, they were the buddy at your side. So, if you think about it, there not exactly useless. There more of a companion.