Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    That's really not that much longer. Hopefully we here in the Wild Wild West get a window similar to the NA version of pspo2 (about 4 months right?) but if it is indeed Global Support then wouldn't it be simultaneous?
    This game is gonna rock & I hope to play with everyone far N' near. How cool would it be to have three parties of 4 Jpn/4 NA/4 EU meet up for a boss battle!
    Worst case scenario, there will be a new PSO-World sub-forum dedicated to learning Japanese. I'll be willing to share my resources if that ever happens.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immovable One View Post
    Worst case scenario, there will be a new PSO-World sub-forum dedicated to learning Japanese. I'll be willing to share my resources if that ever happens.
    Domo!

Quote Originally Posted by Varon View Post
    The reason Micro-transactions are so popular is because people don't realize how much they spend on the little things look at Ragnarok Online or Spiral Knights you don't have to pay for the items however they make life easier as long as the Ultimate items aren't pay items its fine the free to play model also gets alot of cheaper players into the genre making the game expand to a larger fanbase. Think of how many people played phantasy star universes free trial on XBL.
    Yeah they're popular because they WORK. And most games that use them design the game around pretty much forcing you to use them for satisfaction. In a single week on a F2P Cash Shop game, you may have 100 people not pay you at all for a month, but have about 20 people buy $50 worth of cash-shop item stuff, and 30 people buy $10 worth of stuff. It quickly pays for itself if built right.

Which is usually why most (if not all) korean MMOs suck. They're all grind heavy + cash shop for therapy. Devs get their money, players torture themselves, and they get to slowly release new updates and gameplay systems that SEEMINGLY flesh the game out, but in reality are all just more traps to get you into the Cash Shop.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jul 26, 2011 at 09:31 PM.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

If PSO2 uses micro-transactions rather than a monthly fee, I will be extremely disappointed.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I dunno I just prefer the mindset of having to pay 5-15 bucks a month to play and get EVERYTHING in the game.

Where with free to play you're thinking "Wh-wai-whuh huh? That looks awesome but it costs money e_e"

I'd rather be drained little by little to get everything... Then have to drop 20 bucks every other week if I wanna get something I want that looks interesting or just not bother getting it at all. I also kind of hate that whole rich vs poor wallet controlled elitism. So if people are going to bitch about PVP elitism, you may as well bitch about cash shop elitism too.

I would say pay to play also filters out a lot of... annoying types of people... But this community is already kind of annoying and it's small as it is, so meh. :\

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    If PSO2 uses micro-transactions rather than a monthly fee, I will be extremely disappointed.

Yeah, IMO it would IMMEDIATELY ruin all of my anticipation for this game. The scary thing is, there's a very high chance it'll happen.

If I don't see any announcement from Sega USA about a US release of PSO2 by the time the JP is due to be released, I *may* just import the game. Depending on what' involved to get signed up to play it online.. I want to play the game as soon as possible. I am sick of waiting months and months for localization and huge delays in "updates" and patches.

That crap wore down my patience, tolerance, and my spare funds in the bank down to where I had to discontinue playing PSU:AOTI on the PS2/PC server... never got to play it again since the servers where closed.
    I did really like my character though.. kinda sad their didn't seem to be away to transfer one's online character to be playable offline..

If they use Client-Server Checksum or some tight security measures, I hope they allow one free offline character creation and free play offline, and then allow you to then take your character online server play. They just need tight anti-cheat detection/checksum system to prevent people from using hacks. They should allow all of us to keep our characters in the event that servers are shut down....
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    If they use Client-Server Checksum or some tight security measures, I hope they allow one free offline character creation and free play offline, and then allow you to then take your character online server play.
    I don't believe offline play of any sort is currently on the books for PSO2. That may change but if I had one of those cheesey plastic 8-balls, I'm pretty sure it would say "outlook not so good."

As it stands I kinda hope for PSO2 to release like Monster Hunter Frontier with paying for the game once and then the updates being supplied and the retail version constantly being updated so you don't have to patch forever when you buy the game later on.

As for OFFLINE play I don't see it coming back not if its a PC exclusive if it would come to consoles then I could see a Solo play option or a OFFLINE multiplayer option. Reasoning for this is the amount of hacking that was done on early versions of the first game. Hell I remember a time where 1 out of 8 or so hunters used a Tsumi J sword.

They could However make OFFLINE mode feesible if your OFFLINE character was not allowed ONLINE.
    Last edited by Varon; Jul 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
    All the time Ive spent and my Sealed J is still sealed just shows I don't play enough.

So what if it follows PSU's Freemium model?
    Buy the game, play online for free but with restrictions, while paying members have benefits.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2