Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Post PSO2 Questions / Release Date Speculation

So, after seeing the game's quality on the newest video (this is alpha!? This has more content and polish than FFXIV current state already!), and the announcement of alpha testing on August, when do you guys think the game will be released or at least get into open beta phase? I'm asking because I'm no expert and don't have any data on the average length it takes for alpha testing for MMORPGs.

Also, we all know that this is "Windows PC" only at least so far. But if you try to look at it from SEGA's point of view as a video game business company, when do you think might be the realistic date for them to announce a console release?

And finally, with Infinity not coming to western shores (wasn't it confirmed that it won't?), do you think Sega of America in their current business practices will bring PSO2 to English speakers? Why or why not?

Oh and yeah - if servers are split, I'll take the Japanese version :3
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Who knows what will happen.

1. The length of alpha tests is usually of about 2-3 months. Then, there's beta test which lasts another 2 months.

But it can go for longer depending on the bugs/issues playtesters find. Alpha tests are also made to find/check out the gameplay balance and they might have that much work to do on that.

2. To me, it looks impossible for Sega to release the game on consoles unless the game has an incredible success on PC (unlikely).

3. Sadly (it's my personnal point of view), Sega will probably not release the game in the Western World. PSU has encovered a number of issues that Sega doesn't look ready to face (again). I can only hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    1. The length of alpha tests is usually of about 2-3 months. Then, there's beta test which lasts another 2 months.

But it can go for longer depending on the bugs/issues playtesters find. Alpha tests are also made to find/check out the gameplay balance and they might have that much work to do on that.

2. To me, it looks impossible for Sega to release the game on consoles unless the game has an incredible success on PC (unlikely).

3. Sadly (it's my personnal point of view), Sega will probably not release the game in the Western World. PSU has encovered a number of issues that Sega doesn't look ready to face (again). I can only hope I'm wrong.
    1. This will be the first Alpha and Beta tests I've ever participated in.

2. IMO, very unlikely. If it's forced to use XBL Gold on 360, no freaking way. PlayStation 3, not gonna chance it after the whole PSN downtime fiasco.

3. I hope PSO2 does get released in the Western market.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

im not completely sure cuz i dont know Japanese but from what i saw people posting in the chat room of the breifing, the end of the breifing said "Alpha -> TGS -> Open Beta"

So if what they said was true (i saw a_____ -> TGS -> b_____ i know its alpha tokyo game show then beta) then that means there will be a beta hopefully in oct. maybe in nov. and it might be an open beta
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

It is a bummer that it is still an unknown whether PSO2 will come out on the console, or to Western shores. But the game is definitely worth paying the price of importing.

I hope it releases before the Summer of 2012.

With the way it looks it "may" but I think they said PC only.

Espiokaos did mention on IRC that the Alpha test "may only be 1 -2 weeks."

Not sure where he got this from, I think it was 4Gamer, but I'll confirm this with him.

He also mentioned that 4Gamer asked Sakai if it will make it out in 2011, Sakai answers "depends on how the alpha test goes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    Well we all know why PSU failed:
    > Unlocking content already in disc and calling them "updates" due to not using the PS2 HDD
    > Segregated servers as opposed to PSO's International servers
    > Development focus on the single player campaign WHICH hint hint: nobody played.
    > Terrible western marketing or lack thereof - the lack of PSU/PSO related articles in general MMO sites is quite bizarre.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I don't understand how people think it might not come stateside. 95% of Phantasy Star titles have. Why wouldn't their biggest title yet? That just seems silly as hell.

Yeah, it doesn't have a stateside release date... but neither does it have a JP release date.