Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_Cooper View Post
    The problem with Blazblue in particular is that it was an HD sprite-based fighter, and scaling down the sprites really doesn't look too good at all.

Also, being a sprite based fighter, I can't imagine the 3DS's main gimmick adding too much to it.
    I'm not sure how well it'd work. Though SF 3DS looked pretty nice, though it's unlikely I'll get that after the MML3 debacle. (Not saying I'm a zealous megaman fan, but a company basically saying they expected the fans to do all the work and "not enough" support is crossing the line)

The Price cut helps though at the moment I'm too broke to get it.

Pioneer II, Clyez City, Clad 6, and the Arks Lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTuna View Post
    I'm not sure how well it'd work. Though SF 3DS looked pretty nice, though it's unlikely I'll get that after the MML3 debacle. (Not saying I'm a zealous megaman fan, but a company basically saying they expected the fans to do all the work and "not enough" support is crossing the line)

The Price cut helps though at the moment I'm too broke to get it.
    Ive always considered that fighting games on a portable system of any type would be too hard to play due to the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade DaBain View Post
    Ive always considered that fighting games on a portable system of any type would be too hard to play due to the controls.
    That might have been true in the past, mainly for much inferior specs/too few buttons, but with the DS and 3DS, there's not a lack of buttons for a fighter and the 3DS has specs able to support most of them in a decent fashion. I'm sure the Vita would better cover that, not so sure about the actual system design.

Pioneer II, Clyez City, Clad 6, and the Arks Lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTuna View Post
    That might have been true in the past, mainly for much inferior specs/too few buttons, but with the DS and 3DS, there's not a lack of buttons for a fighter and the 3DS has specs able to support most of them in a decent fashion. I'm sure the Vita would better cover that, not so sure about the actual system design.
    But the circular pad on the 3DS would be too hard to use for complex and quick movements. I know that it was not easy to do that kind of stuff on my old DS I have. Even my PSP, its not easy to do that kind of movement.

In my opinion, there was only 1 portable out there with controls that were decent enough for fighting games. Heck, only 1 portable had better fighting controller response than even the default xbox360 d-pad. And yes I said it. I can normally pull off moves on that thing (and I'm being perfectly honest) that I couldn't dream doing on either the DS or the PSP.

If it isn't the Neo Geo Pocket (Color included), then the portable D-pad is inferior. Plain and simple. I really wish someone else would steal that idea. Not like the Neo Geo Pocket or its games are in production anymore. Microswitch-based d-pads or control sticks are still relevant to portable units. I would figure, *somebody* has to top them. Not like they have a problem with last ability either. I have microswitch controllers from the 80s that still, to this day, have yet to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade DaBain View Post
    But the circular pad on the 3DS would be too hard to use for complex and quick movements. I know that it was not easy to do that kind of stuff on my old DS I have. Even my PSP, its not easy to do that kind of movement.
    Actually, in the case of the 3DS streetfighter, the stylus screen has buttons that allow you to immediately set off special moves. This has actually caused some serious ire towards it in the hardcore fighting game community. It really wrecks charge characters as well. For those that don't know what a charge character is, it's a character that in order to do a special move, you must hold a certain direction for a certain amount of time, before finishing the direction and attack input. For example, Guile has to hold back for so many seconds (think it's 2,) before pushing forward and a punch button, to throw his sonic boom projectile. Well, now his sonic boom can just be instantly shot, with no charge whatsoever. A lot of his other moves work in a similar fashion. Imagine a character that could never move forward and throw a powerful projectile, suddenly be able to. It's a huge game change, suddenly a defensive powerful character can be a major pressure player.

It's an overlooked bug on Capcom's part, and they can't fix it. I can't believe they didn't implement forced delay on charge moves for those using the onscreen button. But alas, they only thought about attaching the effect, not the actual charge action. It works for just about everything else, I guess. Blanka, to a lesser degree, has the same problem. I know I don't cheat and use the pad to do my charges, but folks online would assume I used the onscreen button. I don't like my best characters getting shunned due to a programming slip.

The best and only way I can see them fixing it, on a later release, is to either leave charge moves out of it, or to make those moves specific in which the button doesn't activate unless the player has held the included charge direction for the proper time, for which the button disables the moment the player breaks the charge. That'll also allow the typical charge player to start charging as the move is happening (which is what we do, already).

I happen to own dead or alive and street fighter 4 3D on my 3DS, the circular pad actually feels great and pulling off moves is really easy. Quick movements can be done with the pad no problem (maybe more difficult for new players but for more experienced players easy), making fighters on this console possible. My only complaint is the button placement, it feels the same as a xbox or PS remote I always encourage an arcade stick for a fighter. I prefer Super Street Fighter 4 on home console though (Playstation 3), but the 3DS port was amazing. As for the charge characters, I think Capcom should have definitely forced a manual input for those charge commands easy enough to do with the 3DS pad as it is. The price cut is really going to put PS Vita in a bad position.
    Last edited by Zettaizero; Aug 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM.