Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    Damn, I feel bad for those who waited in line on its release to get it. They must be pretty mad on those Nintendo forums :P

Imagine if those same guys have bought MVC3 too. I don't think I could bare being screwed twice like that. I'd smash my system into pieces. Thankfully, I usually wait before I buy something.
    Got 2 for my girl a while back for her kids, and I have MVC3.....so I guess I got screwed in every direction.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    Got 2 for my girl a while back for her kids, and I have MVC3.....so I guess I got screwed in every direction.
    Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Lol, i should had waited perhaps buying mine.
    Seems some compensation is in order.
    I think that's what the 20 free virtual console games are for.

Is anybody surprised by this? Nintendo launched the system for way more than they should have and we knew they didn't want to go into the holidays with the 3DS available at the same price as the Vita.

Still, the fact that it was an $80 price drop instead of a $50 caught me off-guard. I think we might be seeing a 3DS Lite (or whatever) by the holiday season for ~$200 (probably with some free software to try and pump up the value of it.)

Er... I do want a 3DS, but this reeks of desperation. It's no secret it's been a flop compared to the original DS, but I didn't think they'd abandon their guns so fast and slash the price so dramatically. I sort of feel like buying one now will give them permission to abandon it completely six months down the line. :/

Sold. August 12th is just but a stone's throw away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    Imagine if those same guys have bought MVC3 too. I don't think I could bare being screwed twice like that. I'd smash my system into pieces. Thankfully, I usually wait before I buy something.
    I fall into that group.

I'm never buying anything at launch ever again.

No games, design defects and then they cut the price in half while there's still no games.

^ This, pretty much. Never bought a console at launch. The closest I was at buying at console at launch was three months or around that. It was the Wii by the way.

Although $249 was too high a price, that big of a drop is still pretty aggressive. The Easter holiday (and since, obviously) was a pretty good indication that it wasn't doing so well.

EDIT:

Also
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...29&postcount=4

Nailed it! Although it was even earlier than I predicted.
    Last edited by Powder Keg; Jul 28, 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_Cooper View Post
    I fall into that group.

I'm never buying anything at launch ever again.

No games, design defects and then they cut the price in half while there's still no games.
    Heh. I just saw the Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $50 today. I picked it up at launch for $150.

That's the price you pay for getting something right at launch. Ah well, it's only money.

its not aggressive, its desperation.
    They barely got by the 1mil mark, if at all (I havn't kept up)
    DS phat retailed at $149 on day 1.

Edit: A quick google search says otherwise. DS Phat reached 1mil in 4 weeks, 3DS reached 1 mil in 13 weeks.
    As of first fiscal quarter (March 2011), they've sold about 3.5 mil.
    Last edited by Firocket1690; Jul 28, 2011 at 04:21 PM.