Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well, all I gotta do is wait for the 12th to come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Firocket1690 View Post
    its not aggressive, its desperation.
    They barely got by the 1mil mark, if at all (I havn't kept up)
    DS phat retailed at $149 on day 1.

Edit: A quick google search says otherwise. DS Phat reached 1mil in 4 weeks, 3DS reached 1 mil in 13 weeks.
    As of first fiscal quarter (March 2011), they've sold about 3.5 mil.
    Maybe they think that reducing the price of the system sooner will give them better statistics like the DS Phat.
    Last edited by Outrider; Jul 29, 2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Double post.

I'm still unsure if I want a 3DS, some great games on it, but at the same time I owned a DS lite and only bothered to buy 2 games for it: The World Ends With You, which is admittedly a fantastic game, and Kirby Super Star Ultra.

I probably won't buy Vita until after a Monster Hunter game comes out on it. Though a Ratchet & Clank always helps with that to (and since both are so likely as to be affirmative, I suppose it's just a matter of time.) Using the touch panel for attacks in monster hunter would be nice. Swipe to left or right to swing a sword either way, up and down for different special moves probably. Aiming a bow or gun should become easy if we can quickly move through a cross-haired mode and normal camera view. Could get more complex to, like moving a finger in a circle motion to launch the spinning hammer attack when charged. Putting the touch panel in the back just sounds smart to me in so many ways.
    Last edited by Sord; Jul 28, 2011 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    I'm still unsure if I want a 3DS, some great games on it, but at the same time I owned a DS lite and only bothered to buy 2 games for it: The World Ends With You, which is admittedly a fantastic game, and Kirby Super Star Ultra.

I probably won't buy Vita until after a Monster Hunter game comes out on it. Though a Ratchet & Clank always helps with that to (and since both are so likely as to be affirmative, I suppose it's just a matter of time.) Using the touch panel for attacks in monster hunter would be nice. Swipe to left or right to swing a sword either way, up and down for different special moves probably. Aiming a bow or gun should become easy if we can quickly move through a cross-haired mode and normal camera view. Putting the touch panel in the back just sounds smart to me in so many ways.
    I STILL haven't finished TWEWY yet...

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Woohoo!
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Quote Originally Posted by Taijutsu-Joshua View Post
    I STILL haven't finished TWEWY yet...
    Beating the extra content story after the main one is such a punch in the face. The final boss, ouph. Then again, just about every boss in that game felt like a sucker punch to the face in difficulty when I fought them for the first time. The main difference that set it apart from other RPGs is that I actually liked the gameplay enough that I didn't mind the grinding.

Oh man, if they released a second TWEWY for 3DS, that would drastically raise the priority of getting that system for me. Though I honestly would hope for more of a spiritual successor than a straight sequel. The characters and story were good, but I would just rather it be left concluded and a whole entirely new story and world written with similar game mechanics.

Cant wait for the 20 eshop games

From this Sankei article, it sounds like the price drop is to try to pull Nintendo out of the 37,700,000,000 yen red stain the 3DS left on the company's books. I think that's about 377 million dollars, probably more, with the exchange rate.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

At this point if you buy a DS just grab a good flash kart...

Theres a lot of shovelware on that thing, but a LOT of good games.

Flashcarts save you from having to gamble. 8D

Everythings 3DS now anyway.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    At this point if you buy a DS just grab a good flash kart...

Theres a lot of shovelware on that thing, but a LOT of good games.

Flashcarts save you from having to gamble. 8D

Everythings 3DS now anyway.
    I've considered getting one on several occasions, but always decided against it, because, well, there aren't a whole lot of games I even want to try on the DS to begin with. Mine has a tiny library because I just didn't care for its games, not because of money or anything. If I did get a cart, I'd probably use it more for playing games I would have to otherwise import.

Great.. I had finally convinced myself I didn't need any more handhelds and could live without the 3DS. Then this happens.

Well, good on Nintendo for doing what they needed to do to stay competitive with this thing.

Ghetto lady thinks your froggy's name is Lou McGopher