Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Units

Default Units

From the most recent email:

So these things you see here attached to characters are something like PSU's visual units. Since costumes are more or less one piece items, you can equip units to make appearance more unique. These units also work like regular units, increasing resistances, attack power and such. Similarly, there are low rank and high rank units. Low rank units have no graphics.

You'll notice that there are no pictures of mags. However, in the mail magazine, mags were confirmed to exist.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there are three points to equip units: arms, legs, back.
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 29, 2011 at 05:01 AM.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I think that's flippin' awesome! Diggin' the last one.

woah. Very very very damn cool!
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

You'll notice that there are no pictures of mags.
    However, in the mail magazine, mags were confirmed to exist.
    Well it'd be really nice if the title of this were changed. I'm sure I wont be the only one slowly dissecting the pics looking for them, wondering if they looked completely different, thinking WTF? and then scrolling to the bottom to see that they aren't there.

As for the units, so far I can't hate on them. They look decent. It'd also be nice if you had some custom options, but they should still have a set look. I'm a fan of the unit looking the way it's supposed to look. If you want your character to look purty then you'll have to sacrifice some stats.

Its interesting how these units hover over the character's shoulders and shins, similar to some of the early concepts of mags in PSO.

Although that leaves the question; where will the mags go?

EDIT: At least the RAcaseal doesn't look like a robo-maid anymore
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by Hotobu View Post
    Well it'd be really nice if the title of this were changed. I'm sure I wont be the only one slowly dissecting the pics looking for them, wondering if they looked completely different, thinking WTF? and then scrolling to the bottom to see that they aren't there.
    I suppose so. I was thinking that to most people confirmation of there existance would be enough.

How much would you guys want to bed there will be a set of units that look like seraphic wings?

EDIT: That RAcaseal looks mad for some reason.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Just speculation, but I think MAGs may be "Units" that equip to a characters back... I could live with that, as long as I get some awesome looking floating Wing-Fins that float behind my back and will match the color of my Humar. I'll be good to go. Even *if* they are not the evolvable kind of of Mag.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I suppose so. I was thinking that to most people confirmation of there existance would be enough.
    We already got confirmation though. So this post doesn't really give us any new info on mags. I agree the thread needs to be renamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    We already got confirmation though. So this post doesn't really give us any new info on mags. I agree the thread needs to be renamed.
    When was that, in the Famitsu stuff? I haven't gotten around to looking through that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    Just speculation, but I think MAGs may be "Units" that equip to a characters back...
    Nope, mags and units are two seperate things.