Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Weird PSZ glitch? Or DSi glitch...

So I was minding my own business, going to work and playing some PSZ, when I finally GOT TO WORK and put my DSi in Sleep mode.

But then a friend showed up and I just had to show said friend something in PSZ...

I flipped my screen back up...

And then blackness.

Light went from ''flashing dimly blue'' to ''off'' and the screens just never flicked back on. The console had shut down. It happened with a full-charge battery and 3 times that morning again when I tried it 5 times in a row after.

Once, I did it at the title screen and I got it at the Press Start screen but I just hung. No more response. This looks like something that could FAIL some important requirement checks if it's software-based... but if it's hardware-based, I'd have to get me a new DSi! Or maybe just not a DSi altogether. Can you imagine that happening at the later floors of the Eternal Tower? Screw that!

My total playtime must be around 120 hours, and I mostly play PSZ (maybe got a total of 30 hours with Pokemon White and Super Scribblenaut; the only 2 other games I have). And couldn't get it to happen ever again since in any of the games I have... BUT I LIVE IN FEAR NOW.

Someone, please, bring some light to this mystery I'm burdened with. x_x

Souds like you might have run out of power. Try charging your DS. Although, I do have a problem with my on DSi where it shuts off for no reason semi-frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    Souds like you might have run out of power. Try charging your DS. Although, I do have a problem with my on DSi where it shuts off for no reason semi-frequently.
    Even if I was running off a full charge which, after 40 minutes of fresh use, still had all its bars?

That sounds more like an issue coming from your DSi, doesn't sound good as if your battery is dying..

Yeah well... that would suck given how new my DSi is and how I haven't recharged it often but always when they say I should (I deplete it adequately, and only charge when needed without ever letting ''my DS die on me'').

A factory defect WOULD suck, but much less than if the defect was coming from my game I guess. :c

I looked around and it seems that this is a common factory defect with the Nintendo DSi, my suggestion to you is to send it off to Nintendo. I hear that they will either replace the motherboard, or send you a brand new one and yes, they'll charge you.

Thanks Zettaizero! I'll try my luck at my local retailer first though ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Zettaizero View Post
    I looked around and it seems that this is a common factory defect with the Nintendo DSi, my suggestion to you is to send it off to Nintendo. I hear that they will either replace the motherboard, or send you a brand new one and yes, they'll charge you.
    I'm glad I stuck with my DS Lite then.

After a little more research, this seems to be a very common defect among the DSi, DSXL, and the DS lite. People are having this issue everywhere, a motherboard swap trick works for them all. Not sure how much a new mobo would cost. It seems to be a little much to go through.. im the type of person to deal with inconvenience and not complain much :P My lazy resolution to the problem: Don't ever go sleep mode.
    Last edited by Zettaizero; Aug 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM.