Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fox, Legend of Light Elijah Fox's Avatar

Default SO, can someone tell how to play PSO, and where to buy it?? (PSO2 AS WELL)

I have heard a lot about PSO, and i've decided that now is the time for me to give it a shot. But no matter where I look or who I ask, Im never given solid of step by step info on how to do it.
    Im originally a fan of the portable series, but I just want to expiriment a bit. So, any (useful) info will be much appriciated(as well as where to look for PSO2 as well). Thanks

PSO: Ebay/Amazon/Internet (Blue Burst)
    PSO2: Not out yet

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

So, its, like a CD? Or is it downloaded? And is it only for PC?

There's Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and PC versions, outdated at this point so you'll need to find the game through what AlexCraig mentioned.

There's also PSO BB and it's PC only, currently the US servers have been down for a long while, but there are a few places where it's still hosted. As to where we can direct you is against forum rules.

Google has the answers.

A recap of the series.

1.pso made its first debut on the dreamcast with version 1 and 2.
    2.pso came out with episode1and episode 2 for xbox an gamecube. both episodes are on the disc so you dont have to buy them seperatley. The official online servers for these games are closed.
    3.PSO blue burst came out for the PC. This game includes episode 1,2, and 4. The official servers are closed for this game as well. This game can be only downloaded through underground sites and there is an unofficial server for this game.
    I am a kubara product.

Quote Originally Posted by MUDGRIP View Post
    A recap of the series.

1.pso made its first debut on the dreamcast with version 1 and 2.
    2.pso came out with episode1and episode 2 for xbox an gamecube. both episodes are on the disc so you dont have to buy them seperatley. The official online servers for these games are closed.
    3.PSO blue burst came out for the PC. This game includes episode 1,2, and 4. The official servers are closed for this game as well. This game can be only downloaded through underground sites and there is an unofficial server for this game.
    I see. NO Pso BB for me then...
    I know PSO2 isnt out yet, but when it is, can I walk in GameStop and buy it(for example, WoW)?or do they have an online website that I should go to for making an account (like runescape, or Spiralknights)? And finally, do I have jo pay a monthly fee to play? Please say no....

The only times I have seen a PS game not having to pay a monthly fee would be the handheld games. Or the original PS games if you want to be technical.

PSO BB is still active just depends on which server you want to try it on. Just don't ask us for info on them though. Also, in most cases, aside from donating a certain amount to be a premium member, it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    The only times I have seen a PS game not having to pay a monthly fee would be the handheld games. Or the original PS games if you want to be technical.
    The original version one Dreamcast version was free in the US but was subsciption based in Japan. Can't say for Europe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Fox View Post
    I see. NO Pso BB for me then...
    I know PSO2 isnt out yet, but when it is, can I walk in GameStop and buy it(for example, WoW)?or do they have an online website that I should go to for making an account (like runescape, or Spiralknights)? And finally, do I have jo pay a monthly fee to play? Please say no....
    PSO2 will very likely (keyword likely, as in it's not 100%) have a monthly fee. PSO had one, PSU had one, PSOBB had one...and I'm sure there next flagship sequel will follow suit.