Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Quick question about classes...

Can anyone confirm that once you've left the character creation phase, your stuck as that class?

I've no problem with that, and quite liked having both a Hunter and Ranger in PSO, but it does seem a little dated when you look at other MMOs.

I think you'll be able to change your class type whenever you want. like in PSU.

at least I heard that could be in PSO2.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by adam-james View Post
    Can anyone confirm that once you've left the character creation phase, your stuck as that class?

I've no problem with that, and quite liked having both a Hunter and Ranger in PSO, but it does seem a little dated when you look at other MMOs.
    Where did you hear this rumor? It was basically fully implied that class changing (or having sub classes) will be available, although you will have to level that class separately of the other two.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Aug 5, 2011 at 06:54 AM.

The screenshots we have seen list 'main class' and 'sub class', so we may be able to only change the sub class. We have too little information on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    The screenshots we have seen list 'main class' and 'sub class', so we may be able to only change the sub class. We have too little information on this.
    That's cool. Would be great if it stacks up the available weapons / stats. So a RAcast with a sub job of Hunter could use the same weapons as a hunter, but not a Force. With the sub job being swappable, you could mix a match, but never have everything at once, and never fully move away from your original class.

Well, I don't know whow will that be but I'd rather not have that exactly.

I mean the part about the RAcast sub Hunter having access to the same weapons as if it was a hunter, because then, a HUcast with sub RA and a RAcast with sub HU would have access to the same weapons.

I would say that it'd be better if the sub class allowed for some of the weapons and stuff, that way a HU subRA would be a mainly hunter with better RA weapons than a simple Hunter, and a RA subHU would be a ranger with better melee weapons than a simple Ranger, but they would be still mainly Hunter and Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Well, I don't know whow will that be but I'd rather not have that exactly.

I mean the part about the RAcast sub Hunter having access to the same weapons as if it was a hunter, because then, a HUcast with sub RA and a RAcast with sub HU would have access to the same weapons.

I would say that it'd be better if the sub class allowed for some of the weapons and stuff, that way a HU subRA would be a mainly hunter with better RA weapons than a simple Hunter, and a RA subHU would be a ranger with better melee weapons than a simple Ranger, but they would be still mainly Hunter and Ranger.
    A good point there dude. And I guess we'll have 4 character slots at least, so there is always an option available should you absolutely need to use a weapon.

Well, 4 has always been the number of slots as far as I remember. I would actually prefer if they were more, because I have only one computer that seems able to run the game and this time we will be two people playing it in one account, but that's personal issue. xD

Pspo2 had 8 character slots fwiw..

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I could have sworn they announced that you level each main class separately, thus suggesting that you can switch classes.