Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hyperdimension Neptunia-- Wait, SEGA had something to do with this?

In the mysterious world of Gameindustri there exists 4 consoles. Purple Heart, also known as Neptune (for Sega Neptune); Green Heart, also known as Xbox; Black Heart, also known as Playstation; and finally, White Heart, also known as Wii. These four consoles battle endlessly, until one day, they decide to banish Sega Neptune to the human world below. Wait a minute... what the hell am I playing?

The craziest thing about this game is that Sega of Japan had something to do with this game, and it's obvious. There are many, many references to Phantasy Star (One of the trophies even spells Phantasy), I have my Caliburn and photons, and the Sega Neptune and I are ready to free the gameindustri world of the console war once and for all. I've defeated pixelvaders while exploring forests, caves, mines, and ruins, and really, the whole thing feels like a crazy homage to Phantasy Star, and to Sega.

Those looking to get Hyperdimension Neptunia should know that Nippon Ichi Software only had one printing of the game in the United States, and it is now out of print. The game sold a lot better than expected, and is currently going for absurd amounts on Amazon-- Hopefully NIS will print a second run of this game.

I will say this..

The outfit are sooo moe and cute <3. Can you post a link to where I can buy this game?
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I will say this..

The outfit are sooo moe and cute <3. Can you post a link to where I can buy this game?
    Amazon is about the only place left. NIS games are made in small quantities and often don't get reprinted once the initial run ends. Sorry!

Cute? Yes...

A game to take seriously? Absolutely not. ^_^

Ah yes...the Japanese......creating the world's strangest shit since 1946!

This was done before in the form of a comic called Troubled Windows...which introduced the idea of the OS-Girls like XP-TAN, ME-TAN, etc....also with Mac OS Girls and Program Girls...

All of the characters here in this video look very close to the Console-Tans in Troubled Windows and their evolution.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

This was the worst game I played this year, by far.

The console war humor peaks in the first 10 minutes and degenerates into vapid anime bickering ever after, the battles are endlessly spamming L2 to skip the 20 battle animations per character per turn, and the dungeon design is identical to Trinity Universe (nonexistent, 1 floor per dungeon with a couple branching paths that dead end quickly). Pretty sure there was only like 4 bosses repeated over and over too. Healing system sucked ass too, though I forget the specifics.

It's completely style over substance, and when you can youtube the cutscenes for your moe fix there's little reason to actually play, much less pay the now inflated price for this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    This was the worst game I played this year, by far.

The console war humor peaks in the first 10 minutes and degenerates into vapid anime bickering ever after, the battles are endlessly spamming L2 to skip the 20 battle animations per character per turn, and the dungeon design is identical to Trinity Universe (nonexistent, 1 floor per dungeon with a couple branching paths that dead end quickly). Pretty sure there was only like 4 bosses repeated over and over too. Healing system sucked ass too, though I forget the specifics.

It's completely style over substance, and when you can youtube the cutscenes for your moe fix there's little reason to actually play, much less pay the now inflated price for this trash.
    The game is certainly not terrific, but I have really liked it so far, and feel compelled to complete it. I'm about 10% through the game (according to the menu), but so far it has not gotten old.

The second game, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, is waaaaaayyyy better than the first.

i like the songs in this game.
    i would buy it if Nis America release the second shipment of this game with a cheaper
    price. no way i'm buying this game for over $99. if they dont rerelease the game, i'll
    just wait for Neptunia MK2 and buy it from Nis Store because it's probably going to be rare again.

and...lol @ THUNDER TITS comment from White Heart.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Kazuya View Post
    The second game, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, is waaaaaayyyy better than the first.
    Does Sega have anything to do with the development of the second game?

I don't know mate. I only know it's developed by Idea Factory and Compile Heart. Compile Heart is a division of Idea Factory.