Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The 3DS will explode closer to the holiday, just like the original DS did.

This is assuming they have a better lineup of games out by then. Not to mention that since the system isn't $250 anymore more parents will probably look into it as an option.

Considering that most of the consoles releases are mainly remakes I wouldn't expect it to thrive until they announce newer titles made specifically for the system.

In other news, Cave Story is getting a 3D remake for the 3DS although the game is already available on the DSi and Wii.

You forgot the PC where it originally started out.

Honestly mostly fresh games are needed, though TotA 3DS might do well just due to the lack of portable Tales in the west. A major problem with many of these ports is that they're usually multi-player games, something doesn't go over easily on portables.

With MML3 canceled, one has to wonder which company will spark off this system. Konami did similar with CVoS and they might do it again with ZoE 3DS.

You forgot to mention that it's available for the PSP as well.

A bit of familiarity is nice now and then, but it's also killing the older crowd that were around with those same games.

The list of releases I looked at appeals to the action gamer, what with Resident Evil and Splinter Cell. I don't really see how these titles will do well with parents looking to get their kids something that isn't heavy on the shooting end.

Well that's well the ensuing flood of shovelware comes in as kids will eat the stuff up.

But yeah there's only oh so much that "_____ now portable" will take a game, particularly if the game itself was aging badly.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I don't really see how these titles will do well with parents looking to get their kids something that isn't heavy on the shooting end.
    Funny, most of the customers that come in and buy Black Ops and its ilk are prepubescent little shits and their oblivious parents. No, trust me, having a million and one shooters on the Vita will probably help it more than harm it.

And no, I'm totally not jaded and believe these kids will cause a huge decline in good games over the years.

For me, the kids don't affect the quality of games but the quality of our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Funny, most of the customers that come in and buy Black Ops and its ilk are prepubescent little shits and their oblivious parents. No, trust me, having a million and one shooters on the Vita will probably help it more than harm it.

And no, I'm totally not jaded and believe these kids will cause a huge decline in good games over the years.
    Not all parents are oblivious to all of the violence in video games, and don't forget to include people from our generation as they grew up with it. Some of which know what these games contain and the tendency towards violence.

Now tell me if that doesn't affect the sales. The DS sold well due to the gimmicky games that were released for the system and I know this system is supposed to be something else, but who's to say people won't shy away from it due to the lack of the genre of games that pulled them in?

Quality of gaming won't decline, but I'm expecting to see a slight decrease in variety as all of these children only play Halo, CoD, MoH, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTuna View Post
    You forgot the PC where it originally started out.

Honestly mostly fresh games are needed, though TotA 3DS might do well just due to the lack of portable Tales in the west. A major problem with many of these ports is that they're usually multi-player games, something doesn't go over easily on portables.

With MML3 canceled, one has to wonder which company will spark off this system. Konami did similar with CVoS and they might do it again with ZoE 3DS.
    The TotA for 3DS will be badass for me, since I never really could find one for the PS2. I was either broke at the time, or there wasn't one in stock at nearby Gamestop.