Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Funny, most of the customers that come in and buy Black Ops and its ilk are prepubescent little shits and their oblivious parents. No, trust me, having a million and one shooters on the Vita will probably help it more than harm it.

And no, I'm totally not jaded and believe these kids will cause a huge decline in good games over the years.
    lol, over the years? We're already seeing it.

Gaming becoming mainstream has helped in some ways, but it definitely hurt in other areas as far as quality and certain genres go.

I guess this has a big part to do with it. Pretty much explains it all. The quality pretty much disappeared around 2002. It even says so, right on the box.

i'll post more later
    Last edited by Firocket1690; Aug 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firocket1690 View Post
    I guess this has a big part to do with it. Pretty much explains it all. The quality pretty much disappeared around 2002. It even says so, right on the box.
    That makes way too much sense to be true.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

i currently have 2 3DSs one of the blue one of the black. i can twait till they give better games as the choice is lack luster. oh well getting the free games will be nice

I can see FPS being popular with obnoxious kids as they don't require much skill. If I can go about beating someone with more experience in say Modern Warfare, that does that say about the genre?

The only thing that took skill in those games were getting past the endless onslaught of AI enemys without dying. That and dodgeing the grenade spamming. World at War that is. Was alot harder then modern warfare 1+2. Other wise it was a painfully easy game.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTuna View Post
    I can see FPS being popular with obnoxious kids as they don't require much skill. If I can go about beating someone with more experience in say Modern Warfare, that does that say about the genre?
    Generally, that FPS games have horrible weapon balance?
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    With success and lifespan of the PSP all thanks to Monster Hunter(and a few other games). Do you think the 3DS will be as or more uber successful if a MH game was made for it? Hopefully as large as Freedom Unite?
    3DS and PSP are both dead....considering that the majority of people can now get smartphone and tablet PC games that are more interesting and even free.

@Zarode

There are more MMORPGs and RPGs than there are FPS games...Just go to www.mmorpg.com and look at the games list. This doesn't account for the MMOs that exist exclusive to one nation players can't get any information on. There are only a handful of shooters.

UT, Wolfenstein, Quake, Doom, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Half Life.

Now if you played older shooters im sure people remember Marathon and Shadow Warrior but those were very good.

There are more MMORPG Gamers than there are shooter gamers, but shooter games have the highest bulk of competition that leagues profit on, so they are advertised more.
    Last edited by Keilyn; Aug 30, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    3DS and PSP are both dead....considering that the majority of people can now get smartphone and tablet PC games that are more interesting and even free.

I dunno about you, but when I think of PSP or 3DS or even DSi. I don't think of "free games, sudoku, angry bird bejeweled clones." I think of the actual games made for those respective consoles (like said Monster Hunter, or Mario 3DS etc) That of which Smartphones or Tablet PCs dont have quite yet Legally.
    Though then again who cares about purchasing their games now a days!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I guess one way to slow pirating is to do stuff like triggering infinate hp on all enemys if it didn't detect something. Or go to the extreme and build an entirely new way on making video games.