Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default I guess the big question is....

Will Sega make the same mistakes again and regionalise this game or will they release this JP only or *gasp* will they actually have globalised servers?

If anyone knows please enlighten us
    Last edited by Crawdad; Aug 24, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Well, SEGA has said they want to release the game "all over the world" on their facebook page, and one of the first videos from SEGA said "Global Support", but that could mean alot of different things.

If I had an educated guess, I would guess that Sega is NOT planning to seperate servers by region. My reason for this assuption is due to the language option in the game options. I would find it strange for them to spend time on this option if they were planning to seperate regions, but, until an announcement, it is really anyones guess.

On the Alpha Client there is also a language select option, though it offers Japanese only atm.

The censor file that was data mined included English swear words (not sure if it give us any hints LOL maybe it was intended for Japanese players regardless *shrug*)

The servers may end up global, but the only game I know of that got RELEASED globaly, was FFXIV (and it also included a GLOBAL Alpha and BETA stages, which didn't happen here)

If PSO2 was going to be released globaly like FFXIV, I'd guess its Alpha stage would be global too? Oh well we still got a BETA coming, hopefully its global BETA haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Razelis View Post
    On the Alpha Client there is also a language select option, though it offers Japanese only atm.

The censor file that was data mined included English swear words (not sure if it give us any hints LOL maybe it was intended for Japanese players regardless *shrug*)

The servers may end up global, but the only game I know of that got RELEASED globaly, was FFXIV (and it also included a GLOBAL Alpha and BETA stages, which didn't happen here)

If PSO2 was going to be released globaly like FFXIV, I'd guess its Alpha stage would be global too? Oh well we still got a BETA coming, hopefully its global BETA haha!
    I agree, but at least we will be probably be able to play the Japanese version before the NA release, and if they do global servers, we can actually keep our characters and just change the language settings in the options. With global servers and a language option, any release is a global release; it will just be harder for non-Japanese players to get. In fact, I imagine that SEGA will strive for a global release as an attempt to prevent many players outside of Japan from looking for an unnocial copy.

Sheesh, that sounds really promising and we can only hope.

They seem like they've gotten their act together now so hopefully it's not all for nought.

Haha and besides I used to play PSU alot but none of my friends did so i eventually quit. i know this one will be played alot!

Thanks for the heads up guys!

It would be nice if pso2 was released globally because all non-jpn players knows sega does not do 'seperate but equal' when it comes to online ps games.

Quote Originally Posted by Golto View Post
    It would be nice if pso2 was released globally because all non-jpn players knows sega does not do 'seperate but equal' when it comes to online ps games.
    Since there is a language option, you can just play on the Japanese servers with English selected. Problem solved, and you don't even have to wait for a release ourside of Japan.

*Edit*
    I just wanted to say that Sega of America is the only company I've ever seen where the mod of their official message boards actually tells complainers that they should just cancel their subscription and not play if they have a complaint lol.
    Last edited by Pik; Aug 24, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

I assumed this topic was going to say 'Will it blend?'

thats such a stupid meme and it needs to stay where it came from >:0

They're re-adding quick chat options again from what I hear. Assuming they're the same as PSO whenever you select what to say using quick chat it broadcasts it in whatever language the other person is using. While I would like to see globalized servers I've run into problems regarding that on private servers for other games that I've played. Pretty annoying whenever there's more people speaking a language you don't due to the time of day.