64 90.14%
  • No!

0 0%
  • Yes, but won't be in

7 9.86%
  • No, but will be in

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

It's Normal Hard V.Hard and so on. In the video sega posted today it lists the difficulty as "normal" in the quest they select.

yes times infinity!!! The idea of completely reskinning the monsters/levels plus a big boost in difficulty was genius and this time I will actually have big groups of people to do it with! Unlike what I had to do by myself which was run in the room, shoot, run out again xD

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Just realized, it was kinda wierd that PSU had both less randomizing and less recognizable check points. By the sounds of it, PSO2 is going to improve on both.

As far as an ultimate mode, I think everyone already said what needed to be said. If an ultimate difficulty is introduced, then it's going to end up like PSU did and try to find ways to jump the shark even further. So, perhaps, the best idea would be to update the area every major level cap? In other words, fight rats until lv50, then fight pigs until lv100, then fight wolves until 150, then fight buffalo until cap? I think the major draw of ultimate mode was that those same enemies we've been fighting all the sudden are much stronger, visually. So if we switch out enemies at major points in the game, it'd have the same effect, right? I mean, I don't want to fight the same enemies at cap as I am at the start of the game.

All round Good Guy

I agree with the 3 planet fiasco as a staple for all Phantasy Star know how, they've been doing since the Mega Drive games. Dunno if they did that with the original game on the Master System in 1987, as for what monsters we fight I think it more depends on the EXP they dish out after the kill.

Like in old school PSO a Booma gave 5 EXP in Normal mode and a few 100 in Ultimate for their Ultimate counterpart. Maybe Normal, Hard and V. Hard would be good for now and maybe Ultimate for a future update(Maybe PSO2 V2, lol).
    Active Characters: PSO2ob- Vinnie Vincent: Human LV10/1/1, PSP2- Rock Lee: LV104 Human, LV18 Hunter/Celoenus: LV15 Newman, LV5 Force.

Retired Characters: PSOBB- Count Dooku, HUMar. PSU:AotI- Zhao Yun, Human ForteFighter.

Yeah, Phantasy Star had 3 planets as well.

In fact, IIRC all of 1-4 took place around the same 3-planet system. I believe Frieza had a date with one of them at some point though.