Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Nintendo 3DS second analog attachment

I know, right? It's utterly ridiculous looking. I'm shocked that an official peripheral would look so... cobbled together.

With that said, I wouldn't want to play Monster Hunter Tri G (or any MH game) without a second analog stick, so as goofy as it looks, I'd probably pick one up exclusively for that game, if it should come to North America.

eh they shoulda had dual analog in the thing to begin with for putting shooters on there. shooters suck when aiming with button pushes

Quote Originally Posted by -Crokar- View Post
    eh they shoulda had dual analog in the thing to begin with for putting shooters on there. shooters suck when aiming with button pushes
    DS - aim with screen, lol. It's actually fairly solid, but it limits the available buttons sharply, so the dual analogs are helpful there.
    Coming Soon!

That thing looks atrocious, but if it was under $20 and doubled as a battery extender, I don't think there would be that much to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by -Crokar- View Post
    ...Which is why you use the touchscreen.

Though really, after the first iteration, the DS stopped coming with the thumbstrap, which was unfortunate - because that made all of the difference in a game like Metroid Prime: Hunters. Trying to aim with a stylus in that game is just uncomfortable, but aiming with the thumbstrap works like a charm.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    ...Which is why you use the touchscreen.

Though really, after the first iteration, the DS stopped coming with the thumbstrap, which was unfortunate - because that made all of the difference in a game like Metroid Prime: Hunters. Trying to aim with a stylus in that game is just uncomfortable, but aiming with the thumbstrap works like a charm.
    Yeah, thumbstrap turns the screen into a giant analog stick. Actually, fighting games should let you do that for input. You can go out further and have more room for error, or in to have less distance to cover... (Just section the screen into eight triangles, basically)
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Yeah, thumbstrap turns the screen into a giant analog stick. Actually, fighting games should let you do that for input. You can go out further and have more room for error, or in to have less distance to cover... (Just section the screen into eight triangles, basically)
    Nnn... I'm against the idea of trying to virtualize proper gamepad controls with a touchscreen - because it has never worked properly (as evidenced by smartphone games that try to use a D-pad and buttons on the touchscreen, they're universally-terrible; it's worse than trying to play a point-and-click adventure game on a digital controller). The thing about the thumbstrap with games like MP:H, is that they actually do 1:1 movement on the top screen with your thumb's movements (and letting you adjust for sensitivity, as well). So in a lot of cases, it can actually be substantially better than using a thumbstick for aiming, granted that you have a steady thumb.

And, of course, since both hands are on the console, you get access to both shoulder buttons, and you can still easily and quickly take your thumb off the screen to hit one of the face buttons. It's far better of an idea than trying to use a stylus for many games like that, and I really don't know why Nintendo ever abandoned it as a pack-in.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

that looks awful......... why is it so clunky? and why is the analog pad right next to the buttons? I guess i won't be getting MH3G then

I'm praying to the Monster Hunter gods that there is a special Monster Hunter 3G special edition 3DS with two analog sliders included, as well as a bigger battery(Like the bigger battery they included in the MHP3 special edition psp).
    IF this is my only option, I'm going for it. I still play mh3 and mourn(as dumb as this will sound) the loss of the water monsters Lagiacrus and even the dreaded Gobul.