Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was expecting a 'newer' version of the 3DS with the second analog (at-least they haven't screwed everyone with a new one). It doesn't look to bad though, I am sure you could fit one under the d-pad or put the d-pad on the bottom and the analog on the top. It doesn't have to be the same size as the 'master' analog (look how small the PSP one is, and its usable).

They have no choice though, because its been one of the number one things fans have been asking for to play certain games and also to compete with PSVita's duals. The 3DS seems to be the flop for now, maybe they could turn things around, but its looking like the PSVita might take the caek for a while.
    Infinite Love is the only Truth. Everything else is a Illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirrip View Post
    I'm praying to the Monster Hunter gods that there is a special Monster Hunter 3G special edition 3DS with two analog sliders included, as well as a bigger battery(Like the bigger battery they included in the MHP3 special edition psp).
    IF this is my only option, I'm going for it. I still play mh3 and mourn(as dumb as this will sound) the loss of the water monsters Lagiacrus and even the dreaded Gobul.
    Lagiacrus was brutal... Gobul was a joke, since frog=shitloads of easy damage since he's a joke on land, has a giant head for hammer users, etc. It was practically the first HR armor I made (due to being so stupidly weak).

I'm going to miss Ceadus, unless they put in other ways to get his gear. Great looking armor, plus an awesome SA. That, and I loved the music for the final showdown with him.
    Coming Soon!

Lagiacrus is one of my favourite monsters. I enjoy fighting it, especially underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Kazuya View Post
    Lagiacrus is one of my favourite monsters. I enjoy fighting it, especially underwater.
    I do too. I have bad experiences trying to down it in Arena though... it's double lightning side tackle... it can't be dodged except vertically (<3 lances for shield advance shenanigans)... so it's very good at killing people off when it does it... what with how much harder its enraged lightning hits are. (Although that's it's only attack it ever hits me with other than claw nicks from turns... everything else is easy to dodge and/or massively telegraphed)
    Last edited by Randomness; Sep 7, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Coming Soon!

Boy, that's, uh... that's a real doozy.

It kind of ruins the "portable" aspect of the system, doesn't it? I dunno, having this crazy cradle added onto the system just seems like a silly half-step to the new hardware revision.

Assuming these new buttons & features come standard in the next version of the 3DS, this might be the first time where I upgrade a handheld on the very next hardware iteration. It just doesn't seem worth it to use this cradle to try and match up with what will become the new standard for the system.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

/waits for the 3DS lite, and the continuation of Nintendo's dark ages

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Now people can't say the handheld is too small for their hands.

That's... wow... that's like MadCatz level poor design & aesthetics. I would have expected Nintendo to come out with some kind of extended clamshell to maintain symmetry or at least flush the damned thing with the base better.

Oh well. I still say they should just integrate the fucking 3DS into WiiU controller and sell them as one unit which works as either a controller or as a stand-alone gaming system. It's not like they can't still sell the "lite" versions of the current WiiU controller as a cheaper accessory. With the 3DS floundering, such a move could install a hell of a lot of portable systems by piggybacking an unpopular product onto a popular one in a two-for-one deal should the WiiU take off like the Wii did. That could really give the 3DS an edge over the Vita in the coming generation.

But I guess it's a little bit too late in the design phase to do that now.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Sep 7, 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I will admit to wondering how the hell Nintendo messed up the aesthetics of something. The biggest issue is the gaps, if it had a solid contour it would look a ton better. Less weight on the left, too.
    Last edited by Randomness; Sep 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Coming Soon!

Maybe they just panicked, half-assed it by a rushed deadline and sold it as that.