Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if...

Default So if...

PSO2 is released in Nov or Dec 2011 in Japan, we can expect it in the US sometime around the 2nd or 3rd quarter 2012, correct?

I mean, if Sega's track record is anything to go by..
    PSO V2: HUmar lvl 186. Kirin
    PSO GC: HUmar lvl 193. Kirin
    PsPo2:

That'd be the safer bet.

Optimistically, we could see it within 3 months of Japanese launch, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Why does Sega hate America so much
    PSO V2: HUmar lvl 186. Kirin
    PSO GC: HUmar lvl 193. Kirin
    PsPo2:

It's not just sega. It's the whole of the Eastern Orient. South Korean developers/publishers do the exact same thing.

For some reason, even though the rest of the world has no problem doing global launches, the sheer concept of it is anathema to them.

It probably doesn't help that they have a seriously wide xenophobic streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    It's not just sega. It's the whole of the Eastern Orient. South Korean developers/publishers do the exact same thing.

For some reason, even though the rest of the world has no problem doing global launches, the sheer concept of it is anathema to them.

It probably doesn't help that they have a seriously wide xenophobic streak.
    Well, there are occasional exceptions. Occasional. Some delay is to be expected for localization (you have to finish the script before you can translate it, etc.).
    Coming Soon!

But even basic translating can be done (like things not involving people talking) within a few days and while being developed on the spot. They've been doing this for years, you would think translating would have been faster and easier to do with experienced people behind it.
    Last edited by Cayenne; Sep 17, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

From the videos, most of the menus appear to already be in engrish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin^^ View Post
    PSO2 is released in Nov or Dec 2011 in Japan, we can expect it in the US sometime around the 2nd or 3rd quarter 2012, correct?

I mean, if Sega's track record is anything to go by..
    My hypothesis is the day after doomsday.
    Phantasy Star Zero

Khorhaplis - FOnewm

F/C: 3008 8201 5781

Sonic Team has was pretty good at releasing both PSU versions within a couple months of the Japanese release. The major delays were generally server updates and portable games. So I will be a bit more optimistic about a fairly expedited international release.

Before the "it's not Sonic Team" comments, I will go ahead and preemptively retort "it is the same people."

Sega's ridiculous neglect of the US is particularly interesting, seeing as SEGA was originally an American company.