Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions about weapons and Classes...

I know a lot of the basics of the game and have been playing the series for a while now but PSO and PSZ are very different games so far from what I can tell...

Now I am not expecting to get the very best weapons in the game so quickly but what weapon types should I look out for and take note of? For mages I really enjoyed their weapon set up and their use of MST to do dmg with their weapons (mostly stuck to slicers throughout the story and had a blast)

I want to have some fun with the other types of weapons and started a Humar and Hucast (I was told that rangers stats where not desirable as they where in last game and could get enough ranged weapons with hunters if this is false let me know still very opened to making a Racast)

So far I have enjoyed using Double Saber a lot the animation for its attack is not horrible as some other melee weapons but to be honest I have enjoyed the weapon skills used by sabers and hand guns the most, and even bazooka has one decent skill (crazy on I think) but are thier any other weapons and or skills worth looking into? If I am to use my Hucast as a ranger what weapons should I look at or him?

I also noticed Gunblades and Shields in this game and seem to have their own uses am I wrong or does gunblade when using as a gun from close range hit targets three times like it seems, and is barrier shift worth it or just ment to be more so of a gimick?

Thanks for any advice having some trouble finding some indepth guides in this game and if anyone could point me anywhere it would be very helpful thanks

Crazy On is an amazing Photon Art. xD

It is true that you can get good enough ranged weapons that Ranger assistance isn't really needed, especially with HUcast who has access to some nice rifles. However, the Ranger is a very interesting class to play, so I wouldn't write it off completely. They have higher accuracy and Jellen/Zalure to fiddle around with.

Gunblade shots at point-blank will hit the enemy three times, and shields are very useful if you're not yet an expert against some of the bigger hostiles. Barrier Shift is kind of a weird Photon Art, but some people know how to use it well.

Basically, just try everything out. It seems you already like double saber and handgun. Bazooka is a fun weapon, but not the most useful gun. Twin handguns and rifle are pretty trustworthy, if you want to try more ranged weapons out.

~*~
    Please feel free to add me on PSZ, but do PM to let me know!

Thanks for the quick response pal!

Sounds good then, I haven't written off hunters completely but I am bummed Ramar gets Zalure Jellen and not Shifta Deband as they should be staying away from enemies, but i did have a blast with ramar gunblade for a while.

Shield is fun with Hucast for bosses if you want to be cheap on healing items which I liked a bit.

What weapon skills other then crazy on would you say are note worthy for high amounts of damage?

in the item database, there's a pic of a Hunter Cast (Hucaseal) holding the Romulus (a double saber) but it's stats say that a Hunter Cast can't equip it.

Could someone please explain how a Hucaseal is holding the Romulus in that pic?
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

If you go into the item catalog and look at a weapon, probably for simplicity's sake it just shows your character holding it regardless of whether or not your class can actually use that weapon. Otherwise they would've had to make some placeholder character model of a relevant class to hold those weapons, and there isn't really any advantage to that.
    Last edited by Eclipse5632; Sep 20, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longinous View Post
    Thanks for the quick response pal!
    What weapon skills other then crazy on would you say are note worthy for high amounts of damage?
    Over End is probably the end-all-be-all as far as Hunters are concerned. You can get that one on swords.

Rangers get some nice ones here and there, but my favorite for damage is probably Wipeout on rifles. Run up close to a boss and you'll rack up hits really fast, just be careful to not get hit back.

For Forces, there is Magical Sign on wands. It has huge range and can be extremely useful if there are too many hostiles to handle with regular techs.

~*~
    Please feel free to add me on PSZ, but do PM to let me know!

So I was thinking about settling on a Hunewm, how are they is the pp regen worth the loss in dmg? I was thinking late game I can spam more weapon arts but I don't want to end up with a gimpy character when I should have just made a newm force and a different hunter... lol

Anyone else go with a newmen hunter? (on a side note why do the males look so weird...)

Hunewms may be the weakest in melee damage, but have various other perks such as high evade, able to command the best tech damage out of the three races, and thus the best mag defense and ability to use what force weapon are usable pretty well (as they go off of MST than ATP)

PSZ Newmen culture lends itself to unusual outfits, particularly on the non-sensical side for hunters as the last thing anyone wants is a hole in their chest armor.
    Last edited by StriderTuna; Sep 24, 2011 at 08:05 PM.

PSZ Newmen culture lends itself to unusual outfits, particularly on the non-sensical side for hunters as the last thing anyone wants is a hole in their chest armor.
    The fact that newmans refuse to wear heavy armor might go a long way to explaining that one

Newmans do seem prone to exposing as much skin as they can. Maybe they're solar powered?

@GeoVaughan: Are you saying that Newmans get their TP Regen and extra MST from absorbing sunlight kind of in the same manner that Superman get his powers from our yellow sun?

@Topic: I love playing HUnewm, going for high evade is a really niice way to go. However since you spend so much materials in evade you lose attack power and since you don't want to miss you want some Hit on your mag so you get more accuracy.

So here is what I think is best for Newman hunters, keep in mind that this is just my personal opinion and is not the absolute way to go, just one way. Spend most of your materials in evade(Swift Materials) and some in power.

Make a mag with at least 40 hit and then either power or mind. Just ignore the guard(defence) stat. If you want to make a pure mag or a mix of power and mind and ignore hit, then I suggest finding a weapon with decent Hit attribute.

I am currently using 30 power materials and 50 swift materials on my HUnewm. I've tried a lot of different builds and this is my favorite so far. I can climb the Eternal Tower with ease and most of the time I just have to worry about dodging elemental attacks. I mainly play as a supportive character since other characters out dps me however some bosses cannot even damage me and there is where I shine.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421