Default Warhammer 40k Fluff.

So lately I've been getting deep into the Warhammer universe and have been reading all the Horus Hersey books. I'm on Galaxy in Flames and am Pretty much done. Have totally loved it and plan on Reading the next books in the Hersey series. I also picked up a Ciaphis Cain book, haven't had much time to really dig into it but he seems like a pretty cool guy, doesnt afraid of anything.

Been browsing the black library and there seems to be a lot of good stuff out there to read. Hammer and Bolter seem really badass. But I wanted to get some feedback from you guys as I know there are a couple of Warhammer 40k fans around here. Dan Abnet is my favorite so far. I've heard some of the newer books from the Hersey where pretty weaksauce compared to the first three. I've also heard there are some awesome Inquisitor books that I should pick up.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Graham McNeil is by far my favorite BL author. Been playing the table-top for 11 years now, and been reading the source material for about the same amount of time. I recommend the Space Marine Battles novels and the Night Lords series of novels. Good stuff.

And no, to quell the incessant squabbling I hear from fanboys regarding the original "trilogy" of HH novels (most of these critics haven't read a book past the third). The new books in the HH series are all fine and fantastic. Whoever told you that, clearly hasn't read or glanced at any of them. Though I would like to witness the return of Garviel Lokhen, since Dan Abnett hinted that he wasn't dead and we would see a return via a future release. Possibly my favorite HH novel in the series has to be the Battle for the Abyss novel. Fantastically written, and a truly amazing conclusion.

Addendum: The HH series has not one truly bad novel. There are many bad 40K books imo, but there are various series by certain authors that carry a literary weight of recognition to them that could be considered exemplary.
    Last edited by Kyerea; Sep 27, 2011 at 04:48 PM.

So a few months ago I got done reading the first Night Lords novel Soul Hunter.

Holy freaking crap, I loooooove

Aaron Dembski-Bowden
    I plan on picking up the next two Night Lords novel. I never imagined characters like the one Aaron illustrated us in the first novel. I was blown away and rushed to finish the book I was so into it. I also plan on picking up his new Grey Knights novel, The Emperors Gift.

Recently picked up Ravenor and The Grey Knights Omnibus. Planning on cracking open the Grey Knights next after I'm done with my current read of ...

Eisenhorn! Man I fucking love this book, at first it took awhile to grab me but after the torture scene with the Glaws and Eisenhorn, I was so hooked.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."