Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    If they had a choice between which switch to pull down, they would pull 360 one with no doubt. If it's about which ones gives them the most money, you already know which one wins by far, lol.
    Obviously, but if they're both making them money they're going to both stay up for a while. When PSO2 comes out I can see them dropping support for the xbox 360, but I think they'll still keep the servers open.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi-sensei View Post
    If they did that the Sega CEO would have alot of rioting americans at his front doorstep which would delay content for you so respect the 360.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arks Oracle View Post
    hahahahahhahaha
    you don't know how funny your post just was
    I agree, i never had respect for the xbox consoles at all, to much elitism arround it (not to mention the 12yo kids), but when i heard 360 server stayed open i started to hate them even more.

And like sega would really care if they had 360 fanboys on their doorstep, did they care for the PC/PS2 users when our servers got shut down? No. They won't care either for the 360 players when the server will get shut down.

It's a miracle the 360 servers are even still up and running, guess Microsoft has to much influence on Sega here.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Since development and marketing costs (i.e. effort into making/translating/advertising new content) for are almost 0. The only real costs they incur are probably server upkeep and bandwidth, and maybe a token fee to M$. So I'm pretty sure that as long as there are at least 30 or so players subscribed, Sega already makes a profit from PSU 360 :O

30 players = 30 * 10 = 300 dollars/euros

I'm not sure with how many employees you're trying to run a gaming server, forum and whatnot?
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post

I'm not sure with how many employees you're trying to run a gaming server, forum and whatnot?
    The forum's integrated into the main Sega forums, and the moderators are all community members o.o The server admin doesn't need to man the server full time either. Assuming a US$20/hour pay rate, that's enough to pay for somewhere around 10 man-hours per month after accounting for misc expenses like electricity, ISP bills etc. That's enough for 1 person for 2 hours of weekly maintenance. If SoA is hiring 1 IT person full time just to maintain their PSU servers, I think someone at their HR department needs to be fired =p

P.S. I know their maintenance lasts much longer than 2 hours but seriously what do they do with all that time? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi-sensei View Post
    If they did that the Sega CEO would have alot of rioting americans at his front doorstep which would delay content for you so respect the 360.
    Your post gave me A good laugh thanks I needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    I agree, i never had respect for the xbox consoles at all, to much elitism arround it (not to mention the 12yo kids), but when i heard 360 server stayed open i started to hate them even more.

And like sega would really care if they had 360 fanboys on their doorstep, did they care for the PC/PS2 users when our servers got shut down? No. They won't care either for the 360 players when the server will get shut down.

It's a miracle the 360 servers are even still up and running, guess Microsoft has to much influence on Sega here.
    Ya the 360 servers might not last one year after PSO2 comes out. But I doubt sega would even keep the 360 servers up longer then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post

If 30 players is all it takes then why did PC/PS2 get shut down? There were at least 100 players on if not more each time i played. I know it's an example mind you

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Actually, its about 4000 players active subscribe usually with the occasional bump during events and the like. Most people don't play it daily and the stable daily population ranges from 200 to 1000 a day. Monthly thats more like 40,000 bucks and that more than pays for the games upkeep and a tidy profit. During events its likely to bump that up to over 60,000 with the return of event players who cancel and the like until events. Since that means they make about 200,000 or more a year off of PSU subscriptions then that would add significantly to the profit of SoA which isn't particularly profitable to begin with.

Course in JP, a single player may spend more than a thousand dollars on GC stuff meaning that PSU could theoritically make over a million a month (though likely much much less than that) for SoJ. That would likely make PSU its single most profitable series currently and the reason they would like to keep them happy over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    If 30 players is all it takes then why did PC/PS2 get shut down? There were at least 100 players on if not more each time i played. I know it's an example mind you
    If they kept PC/PS2 up today, they'd actually have to pour money into development for supplemental updates!

Notice that PC/PS2 was shut down just before 360 got their supplmemental update (the first one I think?)
    Last edited by Selphea; Oct 5, 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Yeah it was a month or two before that update i think. Either so, i still hate sega for closing down the servers, if they get so many money from the 360 servers they could easly keep the pc/ps2 servers running against very low costs either.

Celestial Manager~