Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will PSO2 Have fist/feet weapons?

Will pso2 have empty handed weapons. If they appear in this game I really hope that appear not exactly as they did in pso, but appear small like actual gloves or boots. PSU fist weapons were to clunky and they should have also appeared on their feet.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Theres weaponless fighting...

No actual glove weapons shown yet.

I can't name a game that has weapons on the feet, but seeing as how my OC fights with rocket shoes I wouldn't be complaining.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I'm fairly sure Bayonetta had blades and guns on her feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Theres weaponless fighting...

No actual glove weapons shown yet.

I can't name a game that has weapons on the feet, but seeing as how my OC fights with rocket shoes I wouldn't be complaining.
    Soul Calibur 3 iirc.

EDIT: Yeah, if your chose the Grieve Edge discipline for your character you got bladed shoes. Kind of a neat novelty, not any more ridiculous than slicers.
    Last edited by Angelo; Oct 3, 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Like I said, games I didn't play!

After thinking about it more, I would really love to see a gloves weapon type that was much, much more subtle than the ridiculous fists in PSU. Actually, there is only one gloves set from that series that looks ideal to me and it's DLC.

They have Tiger claws in Ninja Gaiden II. Blades on the feet and are used in combat. Even the enemies have them!

Brave Knuckle in PSO made you use the normal weaponless attack animation, which uses the feet for certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    After thinking about it more, I would really love to see a gloves weapon type that was much, much more subtle than the ridiculous fists in PSU. Actually, there is only one gloves set from that series that looks ideal to me and it's DLC.

I said this in every weapon related thread up until it was finally revealed we had weapon less fighting. HOPEFULLY there will be more weapons like what you just posted which I was mad I couldn't get because I wasn't japanese.

Bayonetta featured quad-wielding as a primary game mechanic (because mounting various firearms to your high-heels, why the hell not?), and Ninja Gaiden II featured some claw weapons that have both a hand-held pair and a boot-mounted pair, and are wielded together. Those aside, feet-mounted weaponry isn't the most common thing, unless you look into just plain boots as they're used in games like Diablo II (for the Assassin's kick damage) and Final Fantasy XI (ditto for Monks).

I would like to see unarmed weapons (Brave Knuckle and Angry Fist types of things) make a return in PSO2, though being visibly-distinguishable from a simply-unequipped character would be nice, I'd really rather they not be in the style of ridiculous-looking idiot gloves like all knuckles in PSU were.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Like I said, games I didn't play!
    Go play Bayonetta now. I don't care what your plan or budget is for the day - you're doing yourself a disservice for having not played it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."