Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I never had problems playing PSO or PSU with my friends or with random people. Hell, I don't join Guilds or Clans in other games, simply because I don't care. If they're going to put them in PSO2, they better as hell make them optional. Sure its a good ground to meet friends and have a private chat, but there should be no such thing as "Guild Only" stuff. That's not what PSO is about and it (hopefully) never will be. I don't think that they are designing the 12 person parties to be "raids" (I hate that word. Just like "mobs"), they seem to be temporary parties were you get together with some people, kill some harder enemies, and then go your separate ways. Which is fine. One way or another, I really don't care: its friends list and occasional randoms for me.

Yes to guilds but don't make them absolutely pivotal to progressing in the game. I don't have all the time in the world to devote to games like PSO 2 anymore even though I still really enjoy them. No one is going to want a guild member who can only spend a few hours a week playing the game if joining a guild is a necessary part of the fabric of the game.

Don't make them like WoW where they add big bonuses, which means for those not in one are forced to to get the bonuses.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Considering how recent a change the whole "guild perk" system is in WoW, I'm surprised so many people know about it. It's kind of funny, really. Because of that system, I felt forced to join my friend's guild. But because I'm in my friend's guild, I socialize and do things with them more often. So, because of the guild perks, I socialize more.

I kind of like the idea of guilds. It doesn't need to be more than a chat program in game, just some little outlet for a group of friends to talk together. I wouldn't say PSO needs it, though. I never felt limited by the partner system, it normally worked well enough for me. Heck, the only limiting factors were how many people could be in one room or run at the same time. So, just expand the My Room to allow a decent amount of people (enough for a small party?), and allow large parties (12 people "raids" seems to be enough), and I think we have everything covered.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

The team/guild system in PSOBB is fine the way it is. Teams usually only invite players who are good at teamwork. If you don't get invited to a team/guild then that should tell you something.

I just can't stand the crumb snatchers or cherry pickers who leave in the middle of a fight to pick up a rare item and teams do a pretty good job of weeding those players out.

If PSO2 ends up with the same system as in PSOBB I won't complain at all.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

I am a fan of the big, intricate guild systems. Such as having a perk system, some type of guild housing, etc. On Dungeons and Dragons Online, me and some friends made a guild, and when we finally saved up enough for a guild airship, it was one of the most gratifying feelings we got from that game.

Basically, in depth guild systems give people a common goal to work towards. I'm all for it. However, I understand the ideology of some not wanting it, since not everyone wants to join a guild for one reason or another, and they don't want to be handicapped because of not joining one. Can't please everyone, and each side has to hope they are the one who wins the war.

Iam only interested if I can join MULTIPLE guilds, since I often join to many different groups(sometimes a mixture of them!). Just No to player enclosure.

Guilds should only be for very small tasks. I don't mind having them, but everyone doesn't want to be bothered with them all the time. It should just be like a sort of "extended friend's list". Perhaps a way for you to rank on missions or something, and perhaps specific missions can be set aside for them. But with the nature of PSO, requiring to be in a guild to play a mission is just redundant since the game is party based anyway.

If I were in charge, i'd do something like make specific missions for Guilds where the whole mission is a 12-player area, but it's setup in 3 teams of 4 people within your guild -- thus, you'd be running a mission with your entire guild at once. That'd be pretty fuckin rad. 12-player challenge missions, where you not only have to coordinate with your party but the other 8 guild members with you.

Then they would be able to safely create much more difficult missions, since your technically (but not really) in a 12-person party. To add to the perks, Guild Leaders/members could also have skills that can affect the other party members if they're guild members, to increase cohesiveness and effectiveness as the guild would level.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Oct 14, 2011 at 04:46 PM.