Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default The melee vs caster conundrum

We have seen how melee dominated in PSU due to techs being retardedly balanced,now PSP2i fixed that somewhat with some great control giving techs and chaining working properly. But I still feel that forces will get shafted in PSO2 due to the lack of tech info and the lack of data pertaining to forces on the focus tests (They can call it alpha,beta whatever, over used terms)

That said,what ideas you have to avoid the PSU issue?
    Throw out some ideas I am sure Sega is reading this, so some good ideas should go out.

I think the chaining system put in PSPi2 was well used, but I also think the pp pools should be much higher,allowing for some really nice casting set ups.

Also have some weapons scale from your int rather than other skills due to class useage. (Like bows were in PSP2 but that should be spread to some more weapons.)

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

This is an american fight site. I'm not even sure Sega knows this exists. Still, I'm a fan of sharing ideas, so let's see where this goes.

I just hope it won't be like PSU in that you have to spam your techs to level them up. I saw technic disks were dropped so maybe it's more like PSO where you can buy the levels separately? Or perhaps they just scale with your character's job level? Please nothing tedious ... lol

Sonic Team had people looking at Sonic Cult they are looking at this site some of the ideas are being looked at.
    Rest assure they all have a few western guys at those companies who are savvy enough to mine the largest fansites.

No bewb references? Oookay then.

So what i think is that they might not bring back the chain feature but i think they'll bring back the Int stuff. Cause a whole group of FO's with the Chain Feature and good techs might make the class reeeaaaal broken. But how there gonna pull of this balancing act is beyond my guess.

Meh, I prefer Melee Forces(FOnewearl & FOcaseal ) . I'm more curious how the Wind buff technique will play out
    and if ridiculously long Pigtails will finally be a selectable hairstyle.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

With all the random gibberish, I wonder if digging up ideas in old posts became a lost cause?

Well ya sort through the foolishness.

why cant it be both? like you can find higher lvl tech disks but you can also lvl it up by using it agains enemies or with support techs, using it on other people

Im sure the issue with the magic in PS games is that 1) not nearly enough time is put into managing them, and 2) they're probably too afraid of making them OP.

I believe point 1 is the biggest problem, here.

for instance -- In PSO, every class used the Customization Pallete in the same way -- if you were able to use an ability, you were able to equip it to your customization pallete however you wanted and use it. In PSU however, this idea was completely trashed in favor of a PA linking system. This wasn't a problem for melee characters, because it worked...but instead of creating a unique system for the forces, they simply forced them to equip 4 spells to one weapon at a time. The issue came up when there were TOO MANY conflicting systems that hindered the forces from becoming a good class until too far into the game's lifespan. Just attack also was ignored by the force class entirely for no reason.

In comes PSP2. New systems are introduced -- Chaining, Blocking and Dodge Rolling. As for CHAINING, generally the Triangle button became the "end the chain" attack. This ended up being PAs for the Melee characters. Since Rangers had no such ability, they were FINALLY upgraded to have Charge Shot abilities (completely broken). FORCES? Well, shafted yet again. Although Rods are 2-handed weapons, but the guard button had no spot. Instead of programming a different button combo, they just didn't allow them to do it. Rolling killed your PP, and even as a force you COULDNT get more of it. But you know, none of this would have been an issue if not for ONE thing -- the chaining system. If forces were made to ignore this rule, or at least have the rule lessened, they would have been fine how they were. Didn't work out that way. They were forced to follow a system NOT tailored to them, and it ruined them.

With PSO2?

1) Becoming reliant on weapons. If Forces once again become slaved to their Rods while fighting, they probably wont do so good again. But i should mention it wouldn't be NEARLY as bad as PSU's system since you can subpallete techniques now.

2) Techniques not growing correctly.

This was such an issue in PSU it was ridiculous. In PSO, it was generally accepted that your technics WERE your weapons. As such, every few levels (as in, always less than 4) they changed form. And when i say Change FORM, i mean they literally got bigger, faster, stronger, the trajectory maybe even changed, the range changed, everything about them changed.

3) Forces just not being able to stand up to Rangers and Hunters

Hunters are going to be exploiting movement states left and right like a bad Fighting Game. (while the happy campers call it "SKILLFUL MANEUVERING") Rangers are going to be running circles around dipshit AIs with their no-drawback rifles and never getting touched, ever, in life. BOTH of the classes can apparently FLY indefinitely by simply jumping and shooting/swinging their weapons around.

Forces, on the other hand, actually GET SLOWER while they're attacking. They aren't long range anymore -- they're mid range fighters. (they always were in PSO, until endgame when you could outrange most guns with your techniques). They're automatically the most vulnerable.

If they dont output serious damage this time, they're just going to be the strong-but-still-not-nearly-as-efficient-as-everyone-else-becuase-they-actually-have-to-think-to-live class. Which i can DEFINITELY see happening.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Sep 25, 2011 at 01:44 AM.