Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guilds. Or team-orientated spirit. Yes or no?

We first saw SEGA experimenting the guild-system with PSOBB. However back then it was, and actually still is nothing more but a glorified chat system. You could contribute to the guild by dumping unwanted rares for some minor rewards like a dressing room, or bigger guild sizes, but there was no real benefit to belong in one.

Nowadays though, more and more games are appreciating the value of teamplay and a strong guild-orientated system. We've seen WoW for example go from a glorified chat system to a system that massively rewards players that belong and actively contribute to their guilds. Other games have picked it up faster and have much stronger systems to begin with.
    Thing is, in for example WoW or most other 'true' MMORPGs, it is generally beneficial to belong to a guild as they provide not only a social outlet, they can also provide (raid)groups, protection, tradeskills, etc. None of these things were present at PSOBB, so we have to wonder how important this system would really be for the game.

So what do you think they should do? Improve upon their previous versions and make the guilds more engaging, more interactive and above all, more useful(12 player high end content speaks to something a guild would be useful to have for)? Should they just keep it as a chat system and a way for groups of friends to keep in touch. Or should they just rid themselves from as many bad implementations as possible and ditch the guild system.

And if they're going to implement it, how should they integrate it into the game?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Mitz; Oct 10, 2011 at 08:43 AM.

I love the way the question in this OP is presented.

"Do you want a nice, huge, sparkling mountain of gold and diamonds?!

...or do you want the same old thing you're used to... or hell, maybe you'd like it if we just took it away altogether?"

...But yes, obviously I want the guild features fleshed out.

I'm hoping it expands functionality. I'm looking to expand my WoW guild into PSO2 when it releases.

That said you did need them at a few points for PSOBB. Specifically there was a quest you could unlock if enough rares had been donated. (plus member expansions, that's what brought us victory in the AOL cup.)

I don't know too much about guilds, but I'd say 12-player areas definitely encourage team play. Does PSO2 NEED a guild system, or will the chat be enough for players to form and manage guilds on their own?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

There was already another huge topic about this that didn't really go so well.

At first I hated the idea of guilds because what they do to other MMOs...

Then I realized if everything I hated were grouped into one place, maybe it'd just make annoyances easier to avoid.

(Especially since PS online games make it easy to seclude yourself from certain people or find them specifically)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

both

/thread
    Last edited by Mike; Oct 12, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

I don't understand the title.

Personally, I hope they'll really spice up the endgame missions. For example 12 players, split into groups of 4 on some very hard time trial where coordinating is key(think c-mode but bigger). A well organized guild system would fit perfectly for that. I'd definitely like to see something like increased xp if you're playing with other guildies.
    Last edited by Mike; Oct 12, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

Rappy Hunter

I know lots of people on BB's team was nothing more than a flag that meant nothing at all but I have been in a few teams that have been really worth while even with just what was in BB so I;d really like to have something like that at least. I also think it would be nice to have some sort of voice chat set up automatically for your team similar to XBL party.

It need a guild-system if there going to be 12 players raids on some bosses, or else it would be hard for people to meet up whit others they don't know, normally guilds help make friends and-or know each other faster, otherwise, you'll have to wait who knows how much just to make a party of 12... unless you know them all and call them all - lol
    Hey, did you save the game? *Power Off* Nooo!