Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation WIP

Sorry for the late reply I have already began working on Infinities encryption and I have to wait for Fantasy Type Zero to arrive at my house before I start working on it anyway. The encryption (for Infinty) is more difficult than Dissidia's or GOW's so this may take some time would you like me to work on a patch to inject ep.1 english voices into the game and all battle voices.

Yeeeeha! That's what I'm talking about. Godspeed to you Cold Bird We believe in you.
    "

"Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Weapon Guide and Drop location at www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com "
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to add drop location or weapon screen shots. Just follow the format in the guide.

Suggestion: Try working on primary patch functionality first. I understand that you do not like people cheating and playing with cheaters but that part can be avoided by just confining legitimate players to their own game (which is why we have our lovely tight-knit pso world community right here in the first place. The anti hack protocol is something extra that you may want to implement later.

... How do you install this? i know it's not that finished. I don't have CWCheats on my psp because it's a FAT1000 and could not support it.

When this is finished, can you make it a "Patch" type, that will modify the game completely... and does it have English voice too?

Edit:

look on the bright side, the translations of words are finished, but the way of placing them in is the problem.
    Last edited by The_6th_Messenger; Jul 13, 2012 at 04:46 AM.

I believe the problem is entirely memory based. We would need to know when the boost.fpb is opened and which offset is being read and literally overwrite the table in memory instead of loading the tables as additional memory then pointing to them. It's already messed with my head a bit so I completely understand this being put back as having to overwrite the tables causes restrictions in how everything can be translated.

I believe it is known how to extract some of the files from .fpb file that has everything in it but the problem is recreating an encrypted file with translated tables. In an ideal situation, we could just recreate the fpb file translated and when the game tries to load the one off the disk, we can make it load one off MS instead.

Good luck Coldbird in both aspects. Especially getting lobbies working for infinity!

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

I'm really angry at SEGA for forsaking us non-japanese speakers xD

I'm eternally grateful for Coldbird for this translation... but it's very weird that they speak japanese, but it's better than 0% understanding ^_^

again sorry for the late reply I can get in but the problem is getting any file to be read by the game or machine as the encryption is broken and I have no way to re-write the encryption so the system reads it properly. I am going to have to stop working on this though so I can hack the vita and keep my Job and girlfriend (sorry the latter two take precedent over this) If I do get some time in a couple of months when school starts and my job ends I might actually be of some help on this project. good luck!

I just wanted to bump this thread really, but I have some info that might be helpful. The JPCSP emulator now has support for PSP2i (after some tweaking which you can read about on their forum, and it still runs with a memory leak, so be careful). The emulator has debugging functions which could come in handy for figuring out what the text routine is doing and breaking the encryption.
    Working on the PSP2i fan translation with JamRules and the gang.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Yeah I was planning on running PSP2i on an emulator since I sold both my Psps for PC upgrades.
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

>Last edited by Coldbird; 10-19-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    sigh