Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RAGE: Another average FPS

Well well well........RAGE.......what can I say, actually there is plenty so let's start at the beginning.
    There are spoilers ahead but they will be marked with this so read that at your own risk.

RAGE begins with you coming out of a space pod or whatever and when you finally step out, you see a pretty beautiful world outside. The graphics are pretty amazing....or at least they are for now (more on this later). Skip ahead a little and you have to do a few missions which usually revolve around you driving somewhere, shooting stuff and going back. Damn, I actually just told you the whole game....whoops. But all jokes aside, the first few hours of this game are fun, but little do you know....it's setting you up for the same old game you've played a hundred times. First, do not play this game expecting a decent story.....your not gonna find it. Secondly, the game is surprisingly linear. I mean you can go here and there, but it usually leads to nothing but stunt jumps or a few side missions that offer rewards you don't need. But the the main story line missions themselves are really linear.

The actual gameplay itself is pretty fun of course though. Sure I wish you got more than like9 or 10weapons (yes, that's all you get), but it's whatevs I guess. Being able to equip different kinds of ammo helps, but more guns woulda been nice. Another annoying thing is how the graphics go from pretty good to awful, usually when your underground AKA most of the campaign. I'm not saying this game sucks for bad graphics, but I'm just puttiing out there they could of done better.Well time for some spoilers, I will talk about the ending below....but I'm not going into detail just incase some of you get curious and read it.

Okay so what really annoyed me about this game was the ending. I was expecting something big and I got the biggest disappointment I could imagine. I mean I couldn't believe when I seen the credits start rolling, then after your treated to some 30 second ending video and it's back to the title screen.How did this happen? Who thought it would be a good ideal to end a game this way? Whyyyyyyy? Also, why in the hell would they give you a Big ass gun on the last mission and nothing to use it on.....I was saving up my ammo so I could BFG the last boss....not....well you know if you've played it.

All in all, it has some nice ideals, but a lot of it has already been done and way better at that. I'm not saying this game sucks....I'm calling it average which means go play it and see what you think about it.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

I would not say average since it's rocking 60 fps at such wonderful detail.
    I would say it's derivative of ID's work since they put forth the formation of the tropes fpses come with.

I'd say it's uninspired. Same shit we seen from the beginning. I'll give it a by on the amazing tech and kinda want them to go farther with the medium but ID is NOT the people to really be looking for that sadly.

It's a game to sell the tech, of course it will be bland. Where do you think all the work went into?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

What was that one game where you were in a world where you used bullets as money-

You guys should make a videogame review thread so I have an excuse not to buy things.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    What was that one game where you were in a world where you used bullets as money-

Metro 2033?

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Is it one of those threads where people baaaw about FPSs again.

Yes, it's one of those threads where people baaaw about FPSs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    Is it one of those threads where people baaaw about FPSs again.

Yes, it's one of those threads where people baaaw about FPSs again.
    I thought OP only said the game was... "OK"

I dunno why it's in the rants section though... there's only like 6 posts or something none of em really complaining....................................... .......................................

I thought OP only said the game was... "OK"

I dunno why it's in the rants section though... there's only like 6 posts or something none of em really complaining....................................... .......................................
    Oh give it a bit.

I dunno why it's in the rants section though...
    Perhaps Delete was just trying to be clever by posting a topic about the game "RAGE" in the Rants section.

Shit if I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    Oh give it a bit.

Good point.