Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 10th Anniv. Interesting Article PSOW/EGM Dump

While cleaning up the place...
    I ran across my old magazines and thought to clean them out. But not before going through them (as one cannot keep everything ever gotten) And, as I was, I ran into a lot of old PSO and PSU stuff around. In honor of the 10th Anniversary, I thought I'd throw it onto the internet to keep it preserved.

Why?
    Because not even I realized how much EGM did dote upon PSOW & PSO. They were throwing basically free press at the games every opportunity they got. Plus, dig the full page article ON PSOW itself! I'm not sure any other fan site got that kind of treatment from a mag.

This likely isn't everything, as I do not hold a subscription to every magazine, and I didn't have every issue of EGM either. If you have any article scans or anything neat, do add them to the thread.

First page:
    This is the big PSOW post page, it's kept large so you can actually read the article in the browser here...who can you spot in the pics? People likely long gone...WHATELY, TSFOSnapple, Pixelate, DJ Donkey & etc. All on Anteres-8, no less.

Here is where they collaborated with CARD battle

Famitsu had it for the Japan version of the game, so it made sense for a USA magazine to do it too. Someone's equipped it to Sil'fer, who is also on the cover...how meta? And not only old people have white hair, you magazine. Had anyone not seen anime at all by this point/used to hair = any color ever.

This is 3-in-1 cause they were small...

The small one was a sidebar to the letters section...they ran the wedding photo for Wicked (the male) & Angel back when getting hitched online was something new. The EGM props one was from August 2004, issue 181, and the Teifu has a strategy with it...interesting when a magazine in such a modern era actually gives you a STRATEGY (yknow...like it used to have 'tips n tricks n codes' back in ye olde quaint days)

And the last is here for PSU people

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2637522...in/photostream

from when PSM Official previewed it. Look how the DeRagnus is outdoors. Also see how enthusiastic they are for it because they're so sure it'll be like "PSO but moreso". Also this was the day of wacky speechbubble adds to any screens they got...clearly. Look how they were hoping for mic support too and never got it.

I hope these dusty old items can be of some entertainment, looking at the history of stuff upon anniversaries can be cool.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Remember the first one.

Also scanned this up from the Top 200 games list issue

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77292

Wow, it's great to see this game (and this webpage) got the attention it deserves at least from one magazine.
    And that M.M. guy surely got his priorities straight, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Râul View Post
    Wow, it's great to see this game (and this webpage) got the attention it deserves at least from one magazine.
    And that M.M. guy surely got his priorities straight, haha!
    Indeed.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

I've held on to a couple of these issues all these years because they have PSO related coverage..

Ghetto lady thinks your froggy's name is Lou McGopher

Hey, I'm still around. Just waiting for PSO2 to come out =)

Is this the bottom of page 1 or the top of 2?
    That art contest jumping out of sticky. Still, this one is quite fan art related.

Karen Art EGM Commission by AzureBlaze, on Flickr

EGM commissioned this Karen Erra off of mmoart.com
    Did they actually pay the $400 ? probably not, because the article had to be worth something in exchange first. It's further proof though that EGM likes itself some PSO & PSU --they could have commissioned anything, but chose Karen. The face seems a tad off, though.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

This is awesome. I love digging up and/or looking at old stuff from game or movie magazines that came out in the past. I got an official Japanese Dreamcast Magazine with PSO (specifically a Ramarl) on the cover with some coverage on the game inside. I THINK it was when the game made it's debute in 2001. Since it looks like we're posting some magazine shots, I gotta share what I got... if I can find the time to scan. ^_^;

That Karen has a man face.
    "and every weekend they barbeque together"
    Cute Egm, cute.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Reminds me of back in the day when I was subscribed to nintendo power (only to get the legend of zelda collection on gamecube because I desperately wanted majora's mask.)

It's always fun to read up about games in actualy magazines before they come out mixed with the hype of anticipating the game, nothing feels special on the internet or television anymore...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.