Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-chan View Post
    Ever placed a heal trap when an Arkzein is about to kill you, then it runs you over and pushes you away from the heal trap after killing you? >_<
    It's just as irritating trying to put up a heat trap and the Arkz decides to be funny by constantly driving away from it.
    Last edited by Atbar; Oct 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
    Jell Lvl 5 gives a higher Debuff then lvl 15 Jellen. When you proc with your Saber then quick switch to something with celeb you can amplify your DPS
    Do you mean Zalure? :x

That's really interesting, though. I never even considered using more than one element for a combo like that. Why is this game so deep!?

I've added Armors and Mags to the template in case you guys would like to talk about them. I'll post an example of my non-universal build so I can talk about a specific armor later tonight.

I honestly never thought this thread would get 10 posts in a single day! I loved reading everything you guys wrote and it definetly helped kill some time while waiting in the morning. You all have very interesting set-ups.

@Mustache: I didn't know that about Jellen and Zalure. Thats actually really nice to know. However, if I'm running Jellen and Zalure on my Palette, I'll probably go ahead and use them anyway before they become overwritten (assuming Lv5 Jell on a weapon does overwrite Lv15 Jellen).

@Ken: I've always liked your balanced playstyle. Although I think you should try experimenting with higher power if you aren't having accuracy problems at level 100. Try remaking a Pure Power mag and if you still aren't having accuracy problems, then try resetting your materials. HUcasts have the highest ATP in the game, and I personally think they should go for the highest ATP in any setup. Though it's up to you.

If I may offer a price of advice, don't pick up weapons off the ground. Quick switching with R+Start is the only way to reliably change weapons in a flash, and by having to wade through 5* items half the time, you will usually come out of it dead. If you're having money/celeb problems, then ignore this.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Oct 18, 2011 at 07:32 AM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

I think I'll wait a bit before I put mine for the HUcassie because I've been experimenting with other slot units. I'll post two unorthodox builds I've done before in the meantime.

Class: FOmarl
    Area: Universal
    Weapon: Saber/Daggers/Gunblade/Shield/Handgun/Mechgun/Sword
    Mag: 99 Hit/ 1 Guard (Midgul)
    Mats: 100 power
    Units:
    -Divine Hit x3
    -Compress PA
    Armor: Noble Cloak

Palette:
    -Heavy Attack
    -Roll
    -Anti
    -Resta
    -Shifta/Zalure
    -Jellen

This is an unorthodox FOmarl build I've done a couple times before. She doesn't use any attack techniques at all and relies on hunter and ranger weapons instead. I feel she fights closest to a RAmarl only she has a slightly better selection of melee weapons in exchange for having less of a selection of ranger weapons and have level 15 support techs. The 30% Resta boost bumps her Resta to the 400-500 range by the time she reaches level 90-100 without having to add one point of MST. She has a full hit mag and hit units so she can hit the broad side of the barn. The Hocho, the only sword a force can use, is her boss slaying weapon that actually does a lot of damage for a celeb-less level 20 sword with Overend. Without celeb, she can hit over 100 damage using heavy attacks. With celeb, she can do 200-300 damage. When soloing, she uses Shifta and Jellen, but in parties, she uses Zalure in place of Shifta due to always being one or two people who are very zealous about using Shifta.

-----

Class: HUney
    Area: Universal
    Weapon: Daggers/Sword/Handgun/Mechgun
    Mag: 75 pow/ 25 hit (Paru-Midgul) and 99 hit/ 1 guard (Midgul)
    Mats: 80 evade
    Units:
    -Divine Swiftx3
    -Compress PA
    Armor: Noble Cloak

Palette:
    -Heavy Attack
    -Roll
    -Anti
    -Resta
    -Shifta
    -Trimate

This is a swift build HUney I've done before, and my previous main in PSZ before I retired her for my current HUcassie. At level 100 with Noble Cloak and three Divine/Swifts, she reaches a grand total of 801 evade. A lot of enemies have a hard time hitting her, including the Arkzeins that can only hit her with their spewing mines and Mother Trinity's head desk attack. She mostly uses Foie Haze daggers and Rouge Pulse depending on the level. She uses heat element to help close the gap in offensive power. Although setting enemies on fire for DoT damage did help with this, this strategy becomes moot when a fellow party member uses any other element that interferes with heat like dark, light, and stun . She used Twin Violet mechguns in certain situations and uses a sword during boss fights. I also had Shifta on the palette with this character. First of all, I hate Deband and don't think it helps that much. Second of all, even if someone else does Shifta, there might be a chance that person will drop the ball and not re-Shifta like during a boss battle for example.

I decided to try this build because it seemed like a popular build for a HUney. The two flaws with this build is there are still things that can hit you regardless, a shadowed and/or rare variant of an enemy have no problems hitting you, the enemies on the top 20 floors of SH Eternal Tower can hit you just fine, and you lack some offensive power that you would otherwise have with a full power build. I consider this build a fun alternative to the usual power build but I find it boring after a while.
    Last edited by Atbar; Oct 18, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

Class & Build
    HUnewm 30 Power, 50 Swift

Weapons - Double Sabers / Swords / Handguns / Slicers
    Celeb-3 Morgenlote +10 0/64/0/0/0 Tornado Dance
    Celeb-3 Gigas Romulus +30 62/0/0/0/0 Milion Rave
    Celeb-3 Gigas Romulus +30 29/0/0/43/0 Million Rave
    Celeb-1 Gigas Romulus +30 0/0/58/0/0 Million Rave
    Celeb-3 Gigas Romulus+30 0/0/0/15/42 Milion Rave
    Celeb-3 Ainsraiffe+30 0/0/15/0/0 Over End

Celeb-5 Rouge Pulse +10 0/15/0/0/0
    Dark-3 Kouga Shuriken +30 0/0/36/0/0 Bright Sign

Mag
    Radam 100/0/0/0 Flozir Fickle (Red)
    Arkharz 0/0/0/100 Flozir Fickle (Red)

Armor & Units
    Noble Cloak +40
    Shinobi Suit +35
    -Divine/Power x2
    -Divine/Mind x3
    -Divine/Hit
    -PP Recovery Level 5
    -Element Boost
    -Ice Protect
    -Slow Protect
    -Compress PA
    I always carry all those with me and switch a lot, Compress PA is the only Unite I use at all times.

Unite setup - Change a lot depending on the area.
    Swift & Tower: PP Recovery 5 / Divine Swift / Divine Swift / Compress PA
    Power & Bosses: Element Boost / Divine Power / Divine Power / Compress PA
    Gun & Melee resist areas: Divine Hit / Divine Power /Divine Power / Compress PA
    Slicer & Arca: Divine Mind / Divine Mind / Divine Mind / Compress PA (Still Experimental)

Palette
    1. Normal Attack
    2. Dodge Roll
    3. Heavy Attack/Foi
    4. Resta
    5. Shifta/Zone
    6. Deband/Anti

Playstyle
    I play HUnewm because I like going into meele and I like casting techniques. Sort of a battlemages style if you will, but a bit more towards the warrior part I suppose. My favorite weapon type is Double Sabers just because I think they're awesome. I don't use Double Sabers because they're good or bad, just because I think Double Sabers are awesome.

My main weapon is a Celeb-3 Gigas Romulus(GR) which gives a 10% bonus to thunder techs(aka Zonde). This have made me focus on Zonde and made use of its perk, stun. Zonde stuns quite a lot and if it does not stun it often flinch the enemy. I do not use the extra Zonde bonus for extra damage, just for the perk of flinching and stunning the hostiles (the damage is just a bonus). I used to use Zonde as a offensive spell almost everywhere before I got some decent weapons.

I mainly go up close melee and use pretty much the same pattern as Mustache. Normal, normal, heavy and charge, however for bosses I often change to Heavy, normal, heavy and charge since they are easier to hit. Sometimes depending on the hostiles I just charge because it sometimes is more effective. Especially vs all frogs, all enemies in the valley (except Helion and Blaze Helion) WHEN they group up. For the plant I tend to spam Zonde a lot to have them stay still. I will admit if I had a little HIT on my mag or some HIT attribute on my weapons I would use Heavy, normal, heavy and charge all the time. First hit always have more accuracy if it is a normal attack.

Speaking of the Arca Plant I have been working on a experimental setup using the high MST of the HUnewm combined with the extra MST from a Kouga Shuriken, Shinobi Suit, Divine/Mind x3, Compress and a pure Mind Mag. However I only just recently started making a pure Mind Mag so I cannot give any results at this time. The idea is since EVA does not do squat vs lasers(but wonders vs Arks missles) and since the hostiles move around so much I will instead use techniques since then I will not have to chase them, nor will I have to worry as much about dodging the lasers with the Dodge Roll since Zonde stuns them. Also the extra MST will let me do better Restas which will help heal party members since this the area where most people actually lose HP. Also basically all machines are weak vs Zonde. For the machines that are not weak vs Zonde I use Foi or just normal attack with my Shuriken, I use normal attack since it is so fast and have much better accuracy then heavy, Bright Sign PA is also nice. My machine GR is does not do much difference in damage from my other GR since it is only Celeb-1 and that is also one of the reasons I consider this tactic. Something to keep in mind is that you have to use A LOT of fluids when using this setup.

As for my palette the first three buttons are always the same and never change, except if I am using my force setup. Though the second change quite often, mainly depending on what party I am playing with. Resta is always there because healing is almost always needed. Then there is Shifta, Deband, Zonde, Anti, depending on what the palette other tech users have I change this. If I am the only one I just stick to Shifta and Deband so I can be a supportive. If I am just offensive then I use Zonde and Anti and sometimes I just go for Shifta or Deband and Anti. All depends on the party.

As for my material setup I go use 30 Power, 50 Swift. I do not believe more EVA is needed and therefore I put the rest in ATP, that and the extra bonus from Shifta is always nice. Now the extra EVA from the Swift Mats I consider VERY IMPORTANT. The best weapon a HUnewm can use imo is a Celeb-3 GR, in the right hands it can be truly amazing (I am a bit short on the amazing but I will get there!). Because of the HUnewms really low DEF when they get hit they are VERY likely to fall, they also have very low hp so when they do get hit their HP drop can be quite devastating. So I make use of their already high EVA and make it higher therefore dodging pretty much anything, making solo hunting like going through the Eternal Tower a breeze except for the boredom of ET, cannot help ya there.

At Gurhacia Valley on offline I go for my Power setup, else I most of the time go for my EVA setup on offline. I switch to all out Power when playing online, because online people can actually watch my back so the EVA is not as needed, however it still helps A LOT. For example in a battle vs Octo Diablo the chances of me getting hit very very low. I can stand there staring Octo right in the eye taking the attacks right in the face and they will miss. I switch back and forward a lot to optimize my usefulness. Another example is that the chances of a Arks missles hitting me are next to none except if it is boosted or really high up in the Eternal Tower.

As for the my other unite setups they can be found there and they pretty much explain themself. For the two Machine bosses I make use of Slow and Ice Protect, mainly slow protect. If I think we got enough Power I will just go for power. For the machine bosses I prefer to use my Celeb-3 Ainsraiffe with Over End since the machine bosses got so many spots which you can damage them on making Over End godly despite the long charge time. This is also one of the reason I have Flozir on my Mags so the charge time can be redused.

Bottom line I like to experiment a lot with unites, materials and other stuff but I will never stray from my double sabers (unless it is a silyl melee resist area... xD). I play a supportive character which can really really pack punch and got decent EVA so I will not have to worry about healing so much.
    Last edited by Norco; Jan 19, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    @Ken: I've always liked your balanced playstyle. Although I think you should try experimenting with higher power if you aren't having accuracy problems at level 100. Try remaking a Pure Power mag and if you still aren't having accuracy problems, then try resetting your materials. HUcasts have the highest ATP in the game, and I personally think they should go for the highest ATP in any setup. Though it's up to you.
    Well, ATA can still be a problem. I am aware that for some reason, the HUcast has the second-highest ATA for hunters (which I find kind of weird but cool), but I really don't like missing. It sucks when missing the enemy while trying to flinch them occurs at the worst possible times, such as when they get to kill you this way. That said, I think I feel more safe having some extra ATA from my mag and materials.

Also, I'm going to edit my post, adding information on mags and whatnot.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

I know that 2 useful Hucast templates are already posted, but i figured i'd give my 2 cents worth as well.

Class/ material bulid
    Hucast, 80 power materials
    AREA- universal, boss battle are exceptions, of course

Weapons
    -daggers(currently using lv 3 celebjasper roar)
    -sword(currently using both lv 3 celebainsraiffe and a gale bringer)
    -saber(currently using lv 4 celebanfinsen)
    -double saber(currently using lv 3 celebroche limit and a diskuroi)
    -handgun(currently using H10 missouri)

Mag
    I have a plethora of various mags with different builds and photon blasts(all of them are red btw) My most used one is a Radam turned hagal. HIT 74, GUARD 14, POWER 12 with midgul as a PB.

Armor/Units
    -Carabinier Armor(4 slots DUH)
    -Compress PA(always equipped)
    -PA save lv 3(always equipped)
    -PP recovery lv 4(Always equipped in the field, but is usually the first to go for boss fights)
    -Divine/power(equipped when not using element boost)
    -Element boost(equipped mostly for use with celeb element weapons)
    -HP recovery lv 3(haven't use it in forever lol)
    -Slow protect(for Humilias, Reyburn and Chaos N' Mobius fights)
    -Light protect(for Paru)

Palette
    1- Normal attack
    2- Dodge roll
    3- Heavy attack
    4- Monomate
    5- Monofluid
    6- Dimate

Play style
    I like swords, and that's that. I know they aren't the most useful weapons(not counting over end), but they are bad-ass and can hit multiple enemies at once. For quickly killing enemies, i recommend DAGGERS. They can hit 6 times in a successful string, have 2 very useful PAs(air ride and reverse kill), they can be easily interrupted with a dodge roll and aren't difficult to come across(Makara ruins, anyone?).

Like most other Hucasts, my primary tactic is to go in and kill everything as quick as possible. My methods for doing so are usually PA spamming, just like Ken suggested. I always have "PA save lv 3", "compress PA" and a PP recovery of some kind equipped(boss battles aside).

Like a typical hucast, my materials are exclusively power mats and i abuse the hell out of the celeb element, but what i do differently is my mag buildup. I'm primarily ATA build as opposed to ATP and because of that, i'm noticeably weaker than my fellow Hucasts, but I rarely miss when attacking. This is super beneficial because instead of using a "normal-normal-strong" string, i can frequently string together "normal-strong-strong" or even "strong-strong-strong" attacks in a successful manner.

Palette? Mine rarely ever changes.

My last word is about elements. Celeb is arguably the best element in the game, but stun is also a very useful element as well. Stun is particularly effective when used in conjunction with a high element level saber(with a PA of course). I have a lv 4 anfinsen that had stun for a while(I changed it to celeb to try out, but i'll be switching back soon) and you were almost GUARANTEED to stun any enemies you attacked. This combined with a force ride PA killed many enemies(arkzein included) before they even touched me. Anfinsen drops very frequently in the dark shrine if anyone else wants to try it out as well.

Well, there you go, that's my setup, hope you like. I usually find this template more effective when lone-wolfing an area versus playing with others.
    Last edited by RLbitClassica; Oct 18, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

*Looks at everyone's play style. Compares my own.*

...Wow. I'm so overly complicated. Bleck.

Maybe this is why some of my friends in high school go as far as complaining that I write my English essays at least one page more than that is required... =3

Fun fact, I edit everyone of my posts (including this one) at least 3-5 times, just to get rid of grammatical errors...
    Last edited by Ken & Robo; Oct 18, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-chan View Post
    Fun fact, I edit everyone of my posts (including this one) at least 3-5 times, just to get rid of grammatical errors...
    I appreciate it, at least. =D

My most used one is a Radam turned hagal. HIT 74, GUARD 14, POWER 12 with midgul as a PB.
    Is there a reason for the 14 Guard or did you just want a Hagal over an Ansul?

I'm gonna go back and edit my post to talk about my materials/mag and specific weapons I use...

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse5632 View Post
    I appreciate it, at least. =D
    Hehe, it's a full-time job for myself. I'm...TOO meticulous. I have a habit of making things neat and...formal for readers.

EDIT: One of the reasons why I became even more harsh on myself when it comes to grammar is because I showed my big brother some fan-fiction I made, and he caught this one grammatical error. It was one of the most terrible grammatical errors ever, because it sounded so...wrong. If you want to know what it was on, I'll...debate on if I should show it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks
    HUcasts have the highest ATP in the game, and I personally think they should go for the highest ATP in any setup. Though it's up to you.
    @DoctorShanks - I might try an 80 Power Material build someday, and I'll determine if I like it or not.

EDIT: No, I don't like 80 Power Materials. >_> I noticed quickly that I started missing my enemies more, and got killed twice for it. I'll go back to my original setup.
    Last edited by Ken & Robo; Oct 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM.