Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

@Classica: If I may offer a suggestion: PA Save Lv3 is useless. The PP you will be saving is so small that it's almost not even worth running over even a wild card such as a Divine/Power.

@Norco: You should consider running an Element Boost. It will add a total 10% to your damage as said by many others in this thread. Good setup though. It's very unique and abuses the HUnewm's above average MST. The HUnewearl can pull off a Battlemage set just a bit better though. But I've sais before that the HUnewm is a "Jack of all trades, but a master of none." The Celeb Lv3 Gigas Romulus (Lv4 with ele boost) negates the need for a Clair Doubles, and is one of the reasons people make HUnewms. So don't hurt yourself hunting for the Clear Bubbles.

Here is an example for a specific area setup:

Class: FOmarl
    Area: Makara Ruins
    Weapon: Starlight
    Mag: 100 MIND / Flozir / Fickle
    Materials: 100 MIND
    Armor: Star Cloak (4 slots)
    Units:
    -Divine/Mind
    -Divine/Mind
    -Compress PA
    -Tech Save Lv3
    Palette
    1. Grants
    2. Resta
    3. Megid / Deband
    4. Shifta
    5. Jellen
    6. Zalure

My reasoning for such a setup is the fact that I can greatly abuse the FOmarl's 30% Grants Bonus. The additional 10% bonus from the Starlight and the 50+MST bonus from the Star Cloak add up to the strongest Grants in the game. When I did number crunching on the Starlight vs White Disaster issue, I realized that my maximum damage went down slightly, but my minimum damage Skyrocketed, ultimately leading to more stable damage and a for sure 5HKO on the Rumoles instead of a 5~6HKO. I have yet to test with the Psycho Wand as I do not have one.

My Units are pretty self-explanatory. Compress PA for instant Gigrants and a quicker charge for everything else such as Alresta. The two Divine/Mind's are both Wild Cards, and raise my damage. Tech Save Lv3 in my opinion is a necessity for all Forces. It is essentialy the wonderful "buy 4, get one free" deal. And since you're going to be "buying out" your PP anyway, you might as well take the offer.

Now my Palette... well Grants is always first, followed by Resta then the three (important) supporting techs. I usually run Deband ONLY when I am playing with two other players or another Force who can run Deband for me. The reason I am almost always running Megid is because Bullbatts have an immunity to Grants, and take pitiful damage from it when under the effects of Zalure. The Bullbatts have a low resistance to Dark, so I use Megid over Deband because Deband is (considered by many) the least useful support tech of the four. I may think about running Zonde to hit them with much less of a need to aim, but Razonde is more expensive in the long run.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Oct 18, 2011 at 05:53 PM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Don't have an Element Boost atm, gave it away I think ^_^ Will have to hunt for one. I always thought it capped at the same as the weapon type normally capped at, guess I was wrong xD

Thanks for the advice ^_^

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Do note that you can't exceed the game's hard cap of a level 5 element, meaning you can't give a Saber level 6 Celeb, for example. But yes, as long as an element is below level 5 you can increase it with Element Boost regardless of the weapon type.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse5632 View Post
    Is there a reason for the 14 Guard or did you just want a Hagal over an Ansul?
    I Just think hagal looks more badass. Which, as some of you know by now, can prioritize over an items usefulness in my book :)
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RLbitClassica View Post
    I Just think hagal looks more badass. Which, as some of you know by now, can prioritize over an items usefulness in my book
    That's fine, I figured that was it. And I agree, Hagal does look pretty awesome. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    Class & Build
    HUnewm 25 Power, 15 Guard, 40 Swift *NEW BUILD*
    TADA! My latest build and also my favorite build so far xD

With the Hagal, if you give a HUcast the head piece with the horns, he looks like a demon.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtBHR View Post
    With the Hagal, if you give a HUcast the head piece with the horns, he looks like a demon.
    Mix all that together with a red body color and a Diablic Gauntlet and you'll REALLY look like a demon.

Also, @Norco I have a spare element boost if you'd like it.
    Last edited by RLbitClassica; Oct 20, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

That would be awesome. But right now I want SLEEP! xD Night ^_^

Class: RAcast
    Area: Universal
    Weapon: Handgun / Rifle / Gunblade
    Mag: 100/0/0/0 / Flozir / Cautious
    Materials: 80 POW
    Armor: Kepler Suit (4 slot)
    Units:
    - Divine/Power / Compress PA
    - Divine/Power
    - PP Recovery Lv 5 / Ice Protect / Slow Protect
    - Element Boost / Divine/Power
    Palette:
    1. Attack
    2. Heavy Attack
    3. Dodge Roll
    4. Sol Atomizers / Monomates
    5. Dimates
    6. Monomates / Star Atomizers

The three weapons that I listed are the only (in my opinion) good ranger weapons in the game. High level celeb handguns with Flame Hit are outstanding, and set them apart from the Tachyon gun which has the lesser Thriller Combo PA. Rifles have Mine Sneak, which is a mobile PA that hits 3 times and is(should you get your hands on one that has Lv 4-5 Celeb), more powerful than Flame hit. The mobility and power of Rifles and Mine Sneak is too great to ignore. Gunblades are terrific Paru/Gurhacia/Arca weapons as long as they have Earth Bullet or to a lesser extent, Impact Zero.

My mag is pretty straightforward. The offensive nature is here because RAcasts don't get their own buffs while Soloing unless you party with Kai. My mag is a Paru mag, so I guess I just got lucky.

I never really used Compress PA on my RAcast because I was too lazy or forgetful to switch it over between characters. Divine/Powers are wild cards should I not need anything else in the run.PP Recovery Lv 5 is kind of a treat. You may never need to use a fluid ever again, but using fluids takes about 3 seconds anyway. Although in this game, 3 seconds can be a very long time. Ice Protect or Slow protect gets priority when I am at Rioh Snowfield or Slow inducing bosses. Element boost is only there because not all of my weapons have a Lv5 element yet. Gunblades cap out at Lv3, so they kind of need the Element Boost.

Just like my Force, my Pallete changes depending on what area I play at. Attacks and roll are on the first three as they are most important for combat. Sol Atomizers are wonderful status removers and are more reliable than a Forces Anti in the nick of time, but they are in limited supply. Dimates are primary healing, as well as Monomates. Sometimes I run Trimates when I'm not feeling too confident. Star Atomizers get a slash over Monomates because when you can't pour all of your faith into the healer, Star Atomizers act as instant healers. I be sure not to go to town with them because you only get 5. Stars are more for bossing than anything else.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~