Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Miwa Shirow should be PSO2's art director.

After seeing his work a few months ago and now seeing the new concept art today, Miwa should do the art because I believe he gets what PSO is about.

TBH, I would've been happy if PSO2 would look detailed but also as simple as this but with a new look of course. Simple mech design, cool looking clothes, nothing too pointy or over done, less skin shown and it looks amazing.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: More of his art -----> Link
    Last edited by Cayenne; Oct 18, 2011 at 10:37 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I like it...

But something about it...

His style is more ATLUS if anything.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Whatever style it is, i love it. Im guessing he played this game in the past, I don't see why you would make art for such an old game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    No thanks...
    What's your flavor? The current art or what?

It looks alright, but keep in mind he didn't design any of it. Those are just PSO costumes.

Anyone can do nice fanart.

^Thank you for the obvious?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    In other words it'd be the same shit. Otherwise it's too late to just start throwing artists roles around and hiring new dudes to go over what's already been done, at most he could do some random official artwork for event promos and calenders or expansion art and whatever like PSU did. But If you want characters in his artstyle, create them that way...

Good luck on the clothes part though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Well smartass, you made it sound like he had designed the costumes in the picture

Simple mech design, cool looking clothes, nothing too pointy or over done, less skin shown and it looks amazing.
    The credit for all of that goes to Akikazu Mizuno and Satoshi Sakai

So tell me again how this Shirow guy "gets what PSO is about" for doing some fanart of these guys' designs? Should any old Joe from Pixiv or Deviantart be in charge of PSO's art because they did some nice fanart too?

His original designs are nothing to brag about either; generic bishounen in Matrix getups and lolita schoolgirls. Didn't we get enough of that in PSP?
    Last edited by SephirothXer0; Oct 18, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

After seeing his work a few months ago and now seeing the new concept art today, Miwa should do the art because I believe he gets what PSO is about.

TBH, I would've been happy if PSO2 would look detailed but also as simple as this but with a new look of course. Simple mech design, cool looking clothes, nothing too pointy or over done, less skin shown and it looks amazing.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: More of his art -----> Link
    He doesn't have anywhere close to the original PSO artist's look...at all. The original PSO art was far more realistic looking. The characters had much more visible detail, primarily in their anatomy and muscle groups. The easiest place to see this is in the face, as the original artist did not shortcut the nose or lips, something that is usually pretty common for a more generic "anime" style. While he didn't emphasize them as much as, say, most western artists, he still detailed the individual lips, both in and out of profile.

This artstyle is much closer to something like Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinity. But it's not very similar to PSO or PSU at all. And i dont see where you suggest he "knows what PSO is all about".....I dont see any PSO fanart from him...

....in fact, when i google "Miwa Shirow pso", the top links are Hentai. wat u been doinnnnnnn So aside from him being a wonderful artist (alot of his stuff is out of my taste, but it's no denying he can draw), i dont see how anything about him is relevant to PSO or PSO2.

IMO, I dont really think you can replace the original PSO artist. There aren't many artists ive seen that draw exactly like him, which is exactly why i enjoy his art so much. PSO2's art honestly doesn't allude to him very much at all either. Most of the PSO feeling i get from PSO2 comes from the environments and the fact that i haven't seen any serious lolita shit yet. PSO2 seems to be much more "mainstream anime", similar to this Shirow guy and PSP2.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Oct 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM.