Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default PSO2 Free to Play?

Hey everyone. I know it's still early to tell, (and I haven't really read much into it) but will PSO2 be Free to Play or pay by month like the old games were? If anyone has information on this, that would be great n_n
    Ps0 name: SakuraJr
    F/C: 275111934324
    Lvl 92 FoNewm: Kale
    lvl 31 RaCaseal: SakuraJr
    PSZ tradelist --> http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171139

I'd rather it be P2P(monthly fee) instead of a F2P with cash shop dependency. it depends on the monthly fee though.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by ShionEspeon View Post
    I'd rather it be P2P(monthly fee) instead of a F2P with cash shop dependency. it depends on the monthly fee though.
    I agree 100% with you. I really hope they keep it at that instead of F2P so everyone can just buy their gear D: It defeats the purpose of the game :<

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    nb4 p2p vs b2p vs f2p argument- IS THAT SAKURAJR?! IT IS!

WHUDDUP DUDE, IT'SA ME'UH MIKE!
    WHAAAAAT omg long time no see xD it's been a long time
    Last edited by Mike; Oct 19, 2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Merge
    Ps0 name: SakuraJr
    F/C: 275111934324
    Lvl 92 FoNewm: Kale
    lvl 31 RaCaseal: SakuraJr
    PSZ tradelist --> http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171139

I don't think there's official word, but I'm betting (and hopeing) it will be a (small) monthly fee. There will most likely be some equivalent of PSU's Guardians Cash, though (e.g. cash shop), regardless.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Subscription based online games are notoriously difficult to sustain. Everyone tried it in the wake of WoW's success, and there were far more failures than successes. The best approach would either be free-to-play with microtransactions, which I find unlikely, or a Guild Wars model where access is free, but there are significant content updates that players must purchase.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    The best approach would either be free-to-play with microtransactions, which I find unlikely, or a Guild Wars model where access is free, but there are significant content updates that players must purchase.
    I wouldn't have a problem with this
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

The best approach would either be free-to-play with microtransactions, which I find unlikely, or a Guild Wars model where access is free, but there are significant content updates that players must purchase.
    Let's just for-go true free-to-play, and go with the Guild Wars system......actually, why not hybridize? Let's have a shop with things like clothing. (With NO randomizing. I'm looking at you, PWE.) and such. Like bank extensions, that make the game easier, but not required. and Why not still charge for expansions? I mean, they go to the effort to create all of that additional content for expanding the game, and I don't just mean missions. I mean Lobbys, any potential story expansion, etc.

Just please, for the love of the holy light, don't be a$$holes and start charging for individual runs or packs of runs. THAT'S the fast way for killing your game and alienating your fanbase.

Rule of thumb - if you play nice and make a game that people honestly enjoy, they're more willing to pay for frivolous things like hats. (F***ing TF2....lol) when they have the money, instead of making it "Oh, pay or you suck."
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Subscription based online games are notoriously difficult to sustain. Everyone tried it in the wake of WoW's success, and there were far more failures than successes. The best approach would either be free-to-play with microtransactions, which I find unlikely, or a Guild Wars model where access is free, but there are significant content updates that players must purchase.
    I agree on that, check out my statement on other topic: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...87376&page=145

However, i dunno if anyone in Japan would have such kind of innovative implementations. They are innovative when it comes to the design of a game but not when it comes to stuff such as payment options and economical matters. Main reason is because of the rank issue, in Japan, younger people are stictly ruled by the older ones (sensai sensai mentality) and to less new input at times. But they are aswell always very extreme when it comes to any kind of stuff, so they rarely will be average, it simply always have to be at a extreme level. I definitely CAN NOT say that the current condition such as they currently handle PSU is sufficent in any country other than JP and i clearly see the issues... which i tried to put down and i hope there will be changes on PSO 2. And why it works in JP is mainly thanks to the extremely good community and aswell because in JP they always have the highest support by far. Even many people outside JP play on a JP server, which is absolutly understandable. Nowadays i would say, people from US and EU = same amount such as in JP... in term they make some changes toward theyr approach that is. But if they are gonna execute same mess such as they previously did, they will lose many customers, on a unstoppable level and have to take servers down and all that nasty stuff.

THAT there IS a high US and EU base regarding RPG players is clearly proven already. Many games such as FF13 had a higher sell rate in US and EU than in JP itself, so US and EU is certainly a growing market for that kind of stuff. When they fail to suceed, its clearly theyr own failure, no one else is responsible for.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 28, 2011 at 09:27 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

nb4 p2p vs b2p vs f2p argument- IS THAT SAKURAJR?! IT IS!

WHUDDUP DUDE, IT'SA ME'UH MIKE!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.