Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

If they did release a 3ds sequel, it would finally give me a reason to atually purchase a 3ds. The way things are looking for PSO2(keep in mind i'm not bashing, PSO2 looks awesome in its own right), the PSzero series will be the closest thing to the original PSO we'll ever be getting.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

I figure that a 3DS sequel is likely, depending on how well the game fared in the Japanese market, which is either really well, or dismal, since I haven't been able to find a single copy at Book Off or Mandarake.

Chances are, it'll be releasing after Capcom releases Monster Hunter Tri 3G, and moves the additional analog stick attachment into the market. Monster Hunter Tri 3G looks amazing, and Sega may be trying to up the graphical content a little.

An English release though, is up in the air. Once again, pending the number of sales that PSZ has in the West. Considering that they've already announced that Valkyria Chronicles 3 is not being translated due to poor sales of 2...

I truly hope on a PSZ2....(sounds weird enough....)

Everything that Anon_Fire said sounds very awesome.
    Even tho a more advanced customization is always welcome the one in psz is just sad.
    I do hope the story and setting is happening at the same time as pso2 but at a different location/alternated universe and are linked with each other. I love stories like that and its so rare in video games (only half life 1 seemed to had the job done right with that imo)

Btw PSZ sales where low because SEGA wanted it to be low... barely any gamestore (in Belgium only 1) had it ordered in stock and no one knew anything of its existence
    Last edited by Kenbog; Oct 26, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Instead of making a phantasy star 3ds with beefed up graphics, what they should do is release a game that has better graphics than psz, but leave them simple enough that you can fit a massive amount of content into the game cartridge(including decent character customization)

Once you've beaten the story mode, you unlock new difficulties(that would be expected) as well as all the previous levels in the original PSZ. You will have a 200 level cap and Ultimate difficulty will be included.

Phantasy star zero 2

Yeah, that sounds pretty nice. I'm starting to really grow bored of PSZ, so I'm giving it a break, and playing other games. Just the announcement of a sequel would jolt me into excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Taijutsu-Joshua View Post
    Yeah, that sounds pretty nice. I'm starting to really grow bored of PSZ, so I'm giving it a break, and playing other games. Just the announcement of a sequel would jolt me into excitement.
    Yeah, i was getting rather bored with it too, so in oreder to keep things fresh, I created a Racast and I have been leveling him up instead. The higher level/rare guns in PSZ are pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbog View Post
    I truly hope on a PSZ2....(sounds weird enough....)
    Btw PSZ sales where low because SEGA wanted it to be low... barely any gamestore (in Belgium only 1) had it ordered in stock and no one knew anything of its existence
    Overseas sales should only affect the possibility of the game getting translated, which actually looks to be dismally low. On the other hand, I've been looking for a copy of the game (In Japan) at used game stores, and have been unable to find it there- I can Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinity at them, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and 3rd even, but no PSZ. It either did so well that everyone hoarded copies of the game and still keeps them, or it did bad enough that not many people purchased it in the first place- So I'm assuming the former, since if it was that bad, it wouldn't have been localized.

PSZ sequel is likely, Western localization though, does not look likely.

Sadly, the idea of a Phantasy Star Zero sequel on the 3DS is much too awesome for SEGA to consider. But I would love to be proved wrong!

You know what would be really awesome? having a port of PSZ(or the sequel) to xbox live and PSN. That way we would actually have a REAL online infrastructure :3

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I couldn't imagine what the story of a PSZ sequel would be in my mind. However, it would make sense to me to make a fully functional online PSO remake on the 3DS and call that the PSZ sequel for the 3DS
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!