Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eXigent View Post
    I bought my 3ds for Monster hunter 4. Monster Hunter is an epic series.
    yeah it's a great game but the 3DS won't get wifi play :/ that was a serious step back. wifi play on the wii version was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    I wanted a 3DS for the longest time for the new Pokémon Rumble.

On topic, I still pray for an expansion of PSZ where we could port over our characters and (try to) level them further. Maybe a second episode? New areas? New races? New items? *Hopeful*
    Let's hope so Doctor. Let's hope so.
    I'm also a Pokemon fan. I'm playing Black right now :3

Quote Originally Posted by eXigent View Post
    I bought my 3ds for Monster hunter 4. Monster Hunter is an epic series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkus View Post
    yeah it's a great game but the 3DS won't get wifi play :/ that was a serious step back. wifi play on the wii version was awesome.
    umm.. the 3DS has a Region Lock, so we would need a Western release in order to play Monster Hunter 4 on a Western 3DS. Just thought I'd mention this so that anyone with a Western 3DS doesn't import a Japanese copy of Monster Hunter 4 when it comes out, because the 3DS wont recognize the game UMD.

I had been thinking of importing it from Japan until I found this out. I had imported Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP but that worked because the PSP doesn't have a Region Lock. For Monster Hunter 4 I'm just crossing my fingers for a Western release.
    --

On topic with this thread, I have a feeling I'm going to love PSZ when I finally get to play it (I can't believe it took me two years to find out about it)... and if they make a sequel that's similar enough to it I'll likely play that too. I played a bit of the free demo of Phantasy Star Portable 2, and felt bothered by the twitchy character animation and sliding feet (which was likely due to being able to change the character's height.. yet it personally still bugged me), but PSZ doesn't have those problems from the videos that I've watched and Picto-chat looks charming. I hope that a PSZ sequel could also have Picto-chat, and at least the same online capabilities that this one has. :3

I thought about a new 3DS PSO game since the 3DS's was first spoken of.
    If there is darkness in this world it lurks in the hearts of men

I had a thread about PSZ 3DS back in early 2010, the main stuff i wanted (and still do) are:

1: Real Quests, with special rooms and events instead of just the area with dialouge or even worse the online quests which were literally just walking through the area in an identical way to the access field alternative.
    2: Obviously the basic upgrades like more weapons new areas etc...
    3: Also obvious, changes in elevation WHICH PSZ HAD NONE OF!!!!!
    4: take out all the crappy loading screens between each room, that really killed a lot of the game for me, i hate load screens no matter how fast they are, i want to walk from place to place not teleport.
    5: Get free play out of here and just use the create a game option and have a list of games to join (that's assuming they wouldn't use a lobby system like PSO did)
    6: I'd say DLC, but honestly I want this game to be F2P so if DLC meant P2P then I'd rather just not have it.
    7: Unique weapons, in PSZ probably around 90% of the weapons were in tiers which were really boring, where-as in PSO almost every special weapon looked unique while normal weapons all had a small tier list which made all the special weapons seem more special.
    8: Let us have a key board to click/type messages on along with the drawing paper, because it took forever and was really hard to use that thing.
    9: Bring back the quick menus, it was impossible to have more than one or maybe 2 techs on the palette (especially because of the dodge roll) so i never used anything but Resta ever with my non-Fo characters
    10: Balance, make Fo melee damage based on ATP so they aren't incredibly strong close up fighters, it was just dumb..
    11: Bring weapons away from being level based and make them stat based so there's some real strategy in character building.
    Last edited by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso; Dec 23, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

i totally agree with the quick menu thing, which with a 3ds is possible. movement with control stick and menu with the d-pad.
    I'm down for PSZ runs any time, send me a message if you wanna play .
    im available weekdays after 3:00pm eastern and weekend pretty much whenever.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Exactly! I can't see why they COULDN'T make a new PSZ/O game for the 3DS now that all the gear's in check to be able to make one. The control pad was really the only thing this game needed for that kind of stuff, and now the 3DS has it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

CASTs need to get Resta. Or something like Resta. Not because they need it, but because the game needs it

If every class in the game had Resta, the developers could step the difficulty up a notch. PSZ is clearly designed as a PSO game in which all the content (offline AND online) can be done alone by any class. The fact that there's a bunch of classes who have a limited ability to instantly heal themselves means the challenge has to be toned down.

I don't see the developers, if they make a PSZ2, changing this "everything is solo-able" aspect of PSZ. So difficulty is going to be compromised. But at least if Casts had Resta, the developers would have a lot more room to work more difficulty into the game.

That and fix Rangers. It's just dumb that Hunters can outperform Rangers on several guntypes. Every class can use Sabers but Hunters are the best at them. Forces are the best with MST weapons and Techs.

So why Rangers aren't the best with Handguns, Rifles, and Gunblades is just... poor design.
    Phantasy Star Ř: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

Resta and challenge have nothing to do with each other, especially since every single class has access to healing items. PSZ is so easy because it's PSO-mini in terms of everything, including the difficulty. Again, whatever you learn from Demon's Souls doesn't necessarily apply to everything you see.

And if you really want a challenge, consider that 4-5 -star equipment not only performs, but even looks the same as 7-star one in most cases.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

1. Have techniques, items and equip accessed from a quickmenu on the touchscreen so you can move and and select things without having it on the palette.
    2. Make rangers slightly more useful by making them more unique.
    3. Add the whole Lavis- and Red weapon series ^_^
    4. Ultimate difficulty.
    5. Make so you can play Eternal Tower online. Just first 10 floors with one mother boss would be enough.
    6. Add challange mode.
    7. Make use of the 3DS "joystick" for better control. If you use it for PSZ atm you can still only go certain directions, it should feel more natrual.

Now the order does not really matter to be honest except for maybe the first one, I consider that one to be the most important one.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

I have no idea what Demon Souls has to do with increasing both the challenge and character abilities. That's just a simple gaming design concept found in... oh I don't know... so many many games.
    Last edited by PlinderD; Dec 26, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Phantasy Star Ř: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)