Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Question Difference in servers.

I'm going to ask a legitimate question. Why do the Japanese keep their servers superior to U.S. servers? I always try to think of an answer, but i cant come to a conclusion. I want to know if there's some fiscal reason for doing this. to me, it seems as if it would be financially devastating to keep U.S. servers inferior and outdated. SEGA is a multi-million dollar corporation and must have some logical reason for doing this.

Imagine the xbox servers after about two more YEARS of updates, no server wide lag and no reskins. That and the languages the game is in.

Edit: Sorry I just skimmed your post and thought you were asking the differences lol.
    Last edited by Shou; Oct 23, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Because the game was designed for the Japanese market.

That's all there is to it without tiptoe-ing on the line for a console warz discussion.

There mad because the US is a better country than Japan.
    That and they like too keep servers exclusive.
    We get reskins...
    They get the good stuff..
    Thats why you see EVERYBODY changing servers..
    And Japan ALWAYS gets stuff before Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyote View Post
    Because the game was designed for the Japanese market.

That's all there is to it without tiptoe-ing on the line for a console warz discussion.
    is that really the only reason why?

Trust me its not the only reason.
    They HATE too give there content too us.
    They only put it on 360 for more money.

I dont get why fourm-goers "YES FOURM-GOERS*
    Keep making these threads even though they already know whats different and they get the SAME things everytime.
    The JP Servers have always been better than are's
    Trust me we WONT get the items...
    By the time we do PSO2 would almost be in America..

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodios View Post
    is that really the only reason why?
    Pretty much, yeah.

It started back on Blue Burst, the first time a PSO game wasn't global. Japanese got way ahead in terms of content, and we hardly ever got updated and then finally shut down after loads of problems.

The local version of PSOBB was missing out on at least 50+ Japanese exclusive items before getting shut down in March 2008 after only ~3 years of activity, while Japans version kept going until December 2010.

PSU on PC/PS2 suffered the same fate, the only reason 360 is still going is because people are still paying for that subpar service and Sega is making money off of all of the people gullible enough to keep paying for it.

PSP1 ended up missing out on DLC content when it got localized.

PSZero had the same thing happen with a couple of items.

PSP2 lost out on secure online servers, had no events and missed out on every piece of DLC unlike the JP version.

PSP2 Infinity never even got looked at by Sega for an official localization and now it's up to us fans to actually do the work for them.

Needless to say, the Phantasy Star franchise will always be fucked over in the west because they just don't care about anyone but their Japanese player base and never will.

Unless PSO2 is global, I'll be on the Japanese servers from day one because I've quite frankly had enough of the way the series has been treated over here. They've had at least 6 chances to get it right and messed up on every single one of them.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

They are pretty much just milking it for sub fees now :l

Every japanese company keeps a superior version for themselves just look at PSP2-Infinity or Kingdom Hearts-Final mix